Welcome to the WeightWatchers thread - whether you're just starting out, you're a veteran point counter or you're just looking for an idea of what's involved, this thread will tell the tales and experiences of fellow WW'ers.

This thread is for support, encouragement and perhaps even a bit of education. If you have any dislikes of the Weight Watchers' system feel free to begin a thread in the main forum, but please bear in mind that the weight loss journey is a difficult enough one to embark on without having to deal with a constant barrage of detractors at every step you take.

With that in mind, WWers please also take note that as eating plans go, WW can be good, but is by no means infallible, and the points system is easily abused. If suggestions are made as to how you can improve your point management, or flaws in the WW system are pointed out in a constructive and practical way, try not to take it as a negative. There are a lot of very helpful and experienced folk who post around these parts, many of whom who've been through this journey too.

Please note however that given that the ethos of this forum is about healthy eating if any posts are deemed to be unsuitable for the thread/ forum they will be deleted.

***Some Do's and Don'ts***

1. DO report posts that are abusive, inflammatory, unhealthy, or go against the ethos of the forum and/ or thread. Please don't try and retaliate on-thread.

2. DON'T use the thread as a food diary. Any posters found to be logging their points on a daily basis will be banned.

3. DO ask questions about how many points are in food items but please use the search function where possible. There is another WW/ points thread that can also be availed of.

4. DO bear in mind that unhealthy eating behaviours cannot be supported in the forum and any posts found to be cause for concern will be deleted.

If you've any doubts or questions please feel free to PM one of the Moderators of the forum for help.

Best of luck everyone in your weight loss and healthy eating journeys

15 people have thanked this post
Kay_80 Registered User

Thank you for that g'em so we're off!

LORNLAKES22 Registered User

Got it Thanks, better log off now - have a job to do !!

1 person has thanked this post
fofany Registered User

I'm having people round for dinner tonight & I'm making roast stuffed butternut squash (2pp) for starter. I was wondering if anyone could inspire me about a (preferably 0pp) garnish for the plate. Because it is a hot starter, I didn't think salad would be appropriate. I'll be cooking carrots, brocolli, mange tout, brussel sprouts & courgette for the main course (to go along with the baby boiled potatoes & barbecued salmon). Do you think I should add any of them, or would I just not bother with a garnish. Any help from you great cooks out there would be appreciated.

Off now to do some major housework & clear all the laundry & toys out of the dining room so we can use it! Should clock up loads of activity points today!

Lady Lainy Registered User

ppl can still have.....that rare occasional less than perfect dinner out....as long as there over all attitude to ww is healthy eating! which i agree with 20000000% Its one thing i alway found lacking at the meetings last summer....well with my leader anyways....she didn't actually give ppl the basics in nutrition...which for me is the basics of any.....eating plan

I eat quite healthily on ww.....but occasionally.....i will want a slice of pizza....or a muffin!

and ooooh that was one of the things i hated with the old ww system....the whole under eating thing all week just to splurge on a night out...in the new system that's what the "weeklies" are for....they discourage this whole starvation....binge mentality....which just to me sounded like the first step to a dangerous place if someone took it too far.

Full respect for those who can/choose to lose weight with other means....but all i will ask is...those who don't believe in ww...don't paint us all with the same brush...don't assume...as one poster said...assume "we're crying into our ww cakes cos we're fat"....we do try to educate each other here....about eating habits, types of food, not just pp values....and well for some people....they will only learn from there own mistakes...ya gotta fall before ya rise!

G'em, thanks again! Mod of the year! Your poor head must be going gaga from the letters pp and ww haha!

GT_TDI_150 Registered User

woohoo, we have a 'new' home!

dont forget about me and 'my motivational tool', i'm not going to call it a league as I wont be listing people in order of %, instead I'll be listing people in order of how long they are in it, so you can compare against people with similar time i the 'motivational tool'.

I will only report weeks active, weekly% loss and overall % loss.

as mentioned, my first sort will be by weeks active, but I can also sort a secondary sort by weight, this wont be seen but you will be in the list amongst people active teh same number of weeks as you and around the same weight so people can gauge how you are doing compared to them -> only a suggestion

2 people have thanked this post
Jackie307133 Registered User

So we're on a new page now, hope everyone get's on aswell on this form as they did on the previous one. Good Luck all

izzy24 Registered User

thanks for all the lasagne recipes will be making it tomarrow... my mouth is watering at the thought of it ha ha...

Shoe Lover Registered User

Oooh, new thread, all so shiny and new! It's actually making me feel very positive at the moment, like a new chapter. Feeling quite motivated to eat healthy and get on with my weight loss

fofany said:
I'm having people round for dinner tonight & I'm making roast stuffed butternut squash (2pp) for starter. I was wondering if anyone could inspire me about a (preferably 0pp) garnish for the plate. Because it is a hot starter, I didn't think salad would be appropriate. I'll be cooking carrots, brocolli, mange tout, brussel sprouts & courgette for the main course (to go along with the baby boiled potatoes & barbecued salmon). Do you think I should add any of them, or would I just not bother with a garnish. Any help from you great cooks out there would be appreciated.

Off now to do some major housework & clear all the laundry & toys out of the dining room so we can use it! Should clock up loads of activity points today!

Fofany, I think you could put salad with the BNS for starter. I find the BNS quite filling so you want them to have room for their dinner. I'd say a little bit of rocket and spinach salad might be nice, with some balsamic dressing? Maybe a few grated carrots to add a bit of colour? Or else I like to have a bit of coleslaw with mine, but you'd have to point it! Enjoy your night

and you know what....it is a fresh start....for most of the regulars...we are on a healthy eating kick for the most part....but maybe now with a greater emphasis put on healthy eating....some posters might take it as a wake up call and really step up to the mark...and become healthier...cos as the opening post of this thread says....there are some ppl that twist and abuse ww....not pointing fingers at anyone.....cos hell I'm FAAAAAR from perfect....but hey...none of us would be in ww if we were perfect!

New thread actually perfect timing for me anyways Fresh new thread for the summer Links to various threads in my signature

ww baking, old ww thread, New 2011 ww thread

I'll be putting my Bran muffins into the baking thread

FatGirlSlim Registered User

Hey all,

A nice new thread for us all!!

I've kept on the straight and narrow all week so far so feeling good!

Found out the quorn sausies are only 1 each which is great, as long as I avoid quorn with pastry or crumb coatings I'm pretty much sorted!

Kay_80 Registered User

Fofany I would also serve a salad but maybe more of a salsa to lighten the squash. Some chopped toms, cucumber, roasted peppers(can be cold or warm), onion, corriader chopped some extra virgin olive oil drizzled with either some fresh lime or balsamic. If everything is chopped a similar size it might make for a nice little mix with the squash - what did you stuff it with?

Welcome all the newbies & oldies alike!

misslt Subscriber

Woohoo, my first post in the new thread!

Cajun chicken salad with balsamic vinegar for lunch, twas gorgeous!

On my 3rd 500ml bottle of water for the day.

Would anyone have any idea of the pp in beef sausages? Himself loves them so I got them the other day instead of pork, not a huge fan of the pork ones myself but I love chicken sausages, thought I'd give the beef ones a whirl!

Kay_80 Registered User

So wk 2 of strep & I'm back in work today - still have very little appatite or ability to eat due to swollen tonsils & flipping mouth ulcers but I just managed to eat some tuna salad so I can take my tablets & a bowl of cereal this morning to change up from porridge. Can't eat any fruit yet though the acid hurts too much ouch! I miss pineapple & strawberries ATM!

I had a sneaky look on the scales this morn ( I know very bold!) & it says I'm down - quite alot but official WI is tomor so will wait till then to post! I know it's somewhat of a false loss cos very little eaten all wk & been unable to exercise but if I can keep the loss it's telling me I have & even STS nxt wk when I hope to eat normally again. God i csnnot wait to hsve some salmon, a massive salad & maybe some baby potato salad i miss solid food! Going to have to get some Bon jella or something these mouth ulcers are a pain! Good luck to all with WI later!

Kay_80 said:
So wk 2 of strep & I'm back in work today - still have very little appatite or ability to eat due to swollen tonsils & flipping mouth ulcers but I just managed to eat some tuna salad so I can take my tablets & a bowl of cereal this morning to change up from porridge. Can't eat any fruit yet though the acid hurts too much ouch! I miss pineapple & strawberries ATM!

I had a sneaky look on the scales this morn ( I know very bold!) & it says I'm down - quite alot but official WI is tomor so will wait till then to post! I know it's somewhat of a false loss cos very little eaten all wk & been unable to exercise but if I can keep the loss it's telling me I have & even STS nxt wk when I hope to eat normally again. God i csnnot wait to hsve some salmon, a massive salad & maybe some baby potato salad i miss solid food! Going to have to get some Bon jella or something these mouth ulcers are a pain! Good luck to all with WI later!

LOL i thought you were saying bon jelly haha! Strep throat is horrible! I bet you thought u'd never be pining for fruit and salads and exercise before you started ww. I know your on a mountain of tablets, maybe take a multivitamin as your not able to eat enough.

some pharmacy sells Post-biotics, its like a week long programme of one tablet a day to restock the healthy bacteria and flora in your body after being on antibiotics for a while. Anti biotoics destory me...drain the life out of me...I'd still be feeling like cr*p for about two weeks after finishing them...when i get really sick...takes me ages to "bounce" back and get the wagon in motion again. ask your doctor/pharmacy about it first....I'm no expert

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!