Anthony O Brien Registered User

macco66 said:
Anyone have any idea of what a 1967 Queen Elizabeth II uncirculated gold sovereign would be worth? I have a pair of them and as far as I can tell, they're close to mint cond. under the magnifying glass.

Thanks in advance.

~€340 each

AndrewOne234 said:
Didn't attach. Try again lol

the one on the left is a silver crown coin, worth around €25
on the right is a sovereign coin worth between €300 and €320

Kebel said:
Hi there,

Similar to the above, I have the following notes

10/- 6-4-64
£1 - 13-5-66
£5 - 12-5-69
£10 - 24-5-73
£20 - 6-1-75

The 10/- is admittedly "rough" but all of the other notes are blemish free, with no creases or marks of any description.

Pics as below

Thank you in advance

From the top
10 shillings around €3
£1 €10-€15
£5 €25-€35
£20 €120-150
£10 Around €75

1 person has thanked this post

wattersss1 said:
-

from the top

£1 €10-€15
10s 1957 €35-€50
10s 1955 Around €25
£5 €40-€50
£10 €40-€50
£20 €120-€150
£100 €300-€350
£1 1955 Around €25

macco66 Registered User

Anthony O Brien said:
~€340 each

Thanks for the reply, Anthony.

Anybody got ideas as to what these are and their value? Some sort of cuff links? They are made from old coins - George II, Queen Anne etc. Thanks in advance.

yeah they're cufflinks made from maundy four pence coins
value wise im not too sure to be honest
they have no numismatic value but maybe to the U.S. market around €50 for the pair

1 person has thanked this post
AndrewOne234 Registered User

Anthony O Brien said:
the one on the left is a silver crown coin, worth around €25
on the right is a sovereign coin worth between €300 and €320

Cheers for that. Anywhere in or around waterford you know of that would pay a good price for them?

locteau Registered User

Hi Guys,

I have lots of coins from different year I got when I was a kid. It was my collection and now it has been in a bubble envelope for too long.

I am thinking to sell them but haven't got a clue about value or if any of them are even good for a collector.

I put them on a big sheet of paper recently and tried to take pictures and some are blurry but hopefully you will be able to guide me in how I should proceed.

I made a picasa album and a small video at the end, and would appreciate some feedback.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Locteau/OldCoins

thanks again

Sebastien

Blade Moderator

locteau said:
I put them on a big sheet of paper recently and tried to take pictures and some are blurry but hopefully you will be able to guide me in how I should proceed.

Looks like a random collection of common World coins and I can't see any dealer being interested in buying them. Best bet would be to separate them by country and stick them up in lots on ebay, making sure to list the individual dates in case there's any important ones. Otherwise just stick them up on Adverts.

locteau Registered User

Thanks for your feedback

fg10291 Registered User

Hi guys,

I have 2 no 'One Yellowbelly'. These were a bank note issued to mark the millenium celebrations in Wexford and were only valid as currency from !st Jan 2000 until 11th Feb 2000

Any idea of value

tomrae Registered User

Hi, I have a 1659 'ARMES OF CORK' penny, anyone have an idea is it worth anything?

Blade Moderator

tomrae said:
Hi, I have a 1659 'ARMES OF CORK' penny, anyone have an idea is it worth anything?

Yes it would be, but depends on it's condition. In good condition I've seen them selling for anything up to 50 Euro. There'd be a ship between two castles on one side and CC on the other. It's a merchant token but I've no idea who issued it, I'm not sure if the issuer is even known.

tomrae Registered User

Thanks Blade, one more if I may, a 1680 Charles II Halfpenny?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!