bpb101 Registered User

DeclanToohey said:
Wait I'm confused, does this mean that if I do my junior cert this year, skip TY and go straight to fifth year, will I be doing these novels, poems, plays?

what?
this is the course for people who will sit down in june 2013 and sit the exam , not when you start the course

1 person has thanked this post

hey anyone have an idea of what text to do with Purple hibiscus and the constant gardener for the comparative? i am doing macbeth as the stand alone text...any links and info would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks

stevek2840 Registered User

i really want elizabeth bishop to come up lots to talk about in her poems!!

fontdor Banned

So do we just like study from this for our English?

stevek2840 Registered User

Hi does any body know where I can get notes on translations by Brian friel on the Internet as I can't find any..please help even teacher couldn't find any. It's for cultural context if that helps. Thanks

fishnetsxD Registered User
nickyh Registered User

hi my teacher gave me a question to do for homework and I don't know how to do it at all , its '' write a facebook style profile that you think would match shane o reilly'' its under a comprehension and its basically is just about a girl describing him, he was her first crush?? anyone have any ideas where to start

bpb101 Registered User

nickyh said:
hi my teacher gave me a question to do for homework and I don't know how to do it at all , its '' write a facebook style profile that you think would match shane o reilly'' its under a comprehension and its basically is just about a girl describing him, he was her first crush?? anyone have any ideas where to start

no
i havent got a clue about what that is.
a Comprehension is an essay. Facebook profile is about a few words here and there about yourself.

Does your teacher mean a blog type thing?

Does you teacher actual knows what facebook is?

Is this from a book or the inner workings of your teachers head?

nickyh Registered User

its in the folens book complete English.

you know in the exam papers where there is a question a and b

this is the question b part :/

I don't no how you can write a facebook profile :L its mostely pics and stuff like haha

bpb101 Registered User

nickyh said:
its in the folens book complete English.

you know in the exam papers where there is a question a and b

this is the question b part :/

I don't no how you can write a facebook profile :L its mostely pics and stuff like haha

what page is that ?
I would say write a blog. In the leaving cert , they can not expect people to know what facebook is. If your asked in class say that "social networking is for the morally bankrupt and that you do Not subscribe to such"

I presume a blog type thing is what there at

[ Also, Could a mod maybe move this thread. I know i am not the thread started , but it would be more appropriated in the leaving cert forum , now that the years have moved on. ]

nickyh Registered User

yeah ill just do that and say I didn't really no what to do, as long as I attemped it she will be grand haha, its d teachers book thing she gave me ha

bpb101 Registered User

nickyh said:
yeah ill just do that and say I didn't really no what to do, as long as I attemped it she will be grand haha, its d teachers book thing she gave me ha

Hope it helped. a "facebook style profile" is moving more into the art category , and very little Correct or "fancy" English is used on facebook :L

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!