thewhale Registered User

Hello everyone, this is my first post to Boards :-) Ive just been reading over previous posts and was pondering on the characters that have graced these streets in the past, and such an abundance of characters there 'have been', but what i'm trying to think of the characters 'that are'... I'm sure this town has an abunance of them, and i am not talking about the obvious men (and occaisional women) that are down on there luck and taken to the drink, im talking about those colourful characters that maybe have been working in the same place for 40 years or have the same routine everyday or just have tall tales to tell, there is no stereotype on these people, they are who they are. They are the characters that are the backbone of this beautiful city. Forgive me if this has been done before, but if not give them a mention and maybe tell a story, their story, or your story... or anything at all, use it as a celebration of the people of Waterford.

Is mocky dower still scaring kids into school?
That other chap with the scraggly hair that seems to be in lisduggan shopping centre all the time. Really sound chap.

jimbojazz Registered User

seanybiker said:
That other chap with the scraggly hair that seems to be in lisduggan shopping centre all the time. Really sound chap.

Think he died last November.

jimbojazz said:
Think he died last November.

He was real? :-o

jimbojazz Registered User

seanybiker said:
He was real? :-o

Wasn't he the school inspector

seanybiker said:

Johnny Tierney? also I thought mocky was a scare tactic meself

1 person has thanked this post
marlin vs Registered User

jimbojazz said:
Wasn't he the school inspector

He sure was, I was caught by him,but he was a fair man.

Tragamin2k2 said:
Johnny Tierney? also I thought mocky was a scare tactic meself

Yeah Johnny. He's always there. Lovely fella.

seanybiker said:
Yeah Johnny. He's always there. Lovely fella.

His son is lovely too,

marlin vs said:
His son is lovely too,

Don't know him

seanybiker said:
Don't know him

You do Seany,he follow's the hunt.

gscully Registered User

The guy with the long scraggy grey hair that walks around town, hands behind his back. Usually wears a beige trenchcoat. I've heard he's called 'Sausages' as he'll chase you if you shout that at him. Anyone know if that's true?

Ostrom Registered User

Of my time - Elvis, Monica, and the guy dressed in a Beret with a mirror obsession

1967 Registered User

efla said:
Of my time - Elvis, Monica, and the guy dressed in a Beret with a mirror obsession

The guy with the beret i think was called vogel,he lived out arond bunmahon way

SUNGOD Registered User

"how do"..cause thats what he will say to you, there are youtube clips of him shouting "how do"

years ago there was harry miller and fella called cashin they were allways together and were just known as "cashin & miller"

harry miller had grey hair and a long grey beard and someone said "harry would you do santa clause for christmas" he replied " i would if you hold him down"

in more recent times we had the legends known as "multivan" and "newportwex" whose intellect is only surpassed by their popularity

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!