Mike D Registered User

I got my VLM 2011 place through CROI in Galway. Obviously I had to raise money which can be difficult but they organise flights, accomodation, physio before and after and a coach to the start. I have to say they were excellent and I met a great bunch of runners too. All in all a really good experience!

1 person has thanked this post
corked Registered User

ah shoot did'nt realise it closed so quick.... my try using one of the tour operators that they suggest.

ThePiedPiper Registered User

Did anybody here apply for Good For Age this year? I sent mine into them 2 weeks ago and nothing's been posted out to my UK address yet. Anybody know how long it usually takes to get the official application after sending in the GFA entry?

robinph Moderator

No idea. No sign of my application yet.

robinph said:
No idea. No sign of my application yet.

Cheers Robin. Glad to hear it's not just me then. I'd say the applications are up on previous years based on it being the Olympic year. Maybe just a backlog in getting to them all.

opus Registered User

A friend of mine in Scotland sent in my good for age entry today so fingers crossed it works out.

The website is a bit vague as all it says is that you have to send in the request before mid-July which if accepted means they will send you an entry form that had to be returned by July 29th.

Not sure if that means they will send out the forms before mid-July or not

robinph Moderator

opus said:

Not sure if that means they will send out the forms before mid-July or not

I wasn't sure about that either, if so then it doesn't give us much time to turn around the forms.

Just an update here for anyone who like myself has been waiting for the Good For Age forms. I rang the organisers today and the forms are to be posted out at the end of June.

4 people have thanked this post
robinph Moderator

Got my application form through today.

They have even already assigned my race number.

Abhainn Registered User

robinph said:
Got my application form through today.

They have even already assigned my race number.

One up - I got mine yesterday.

I'm in too. Forms arrived in yesterdays post. It's a good consolation prize for getting diddly squat tickets for the Olympics.

Irishman99 Registered User

Just got a sub 3:10 and looking to enter London with this.
Is it ok to provide a link to a results page on the internet or do i need some certified result? Don't know where an actual hard copy of the results would be published!

Irishman99 said:
Is it ok to provide a link to a results page on the internet or do i need some certified result? Don't know where an actual hard copy of the results would be published!

link will may do. However you are too late for 2012

Irishman99 Registered User

I thought the deadline is July 15th, or am i mistaken?

robinph Moderator

Irishman99 said:

Do they have a PDF certificate that you can print out?

They will check the results online themselves anyway I think, but I just gave them photo copy of passport and print out of a PDF for Dublin which worked for me.

I thought you were too late already as well, but seems that you have got another couple of weeks:
http://www.virginlondonmarathon.com/marathon-centre/enter-virgin-london-marathon/good-for-age-entries/

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!