Basq Registered User

Yet another "relationship dramedy"... I was fairly dreading this one but I was actually pleasantly suprised!

It got mixed.. in fact, largely negative.. reviews in the US, but it's got a strong comedic cast and some cracking lines in the opening 2 episodes.

Adam Pally (Max) is the best thing about it by a mile, but he's got some great chemistry with Damon Wayans Jr (Brad), who is the absolute image of his father.

This is definitely worth a watch!

1 person has thanked this post

Didn't expect this to get any positive feedback around here at all... I was looking forward to it purely because of the cast, but got 10 minutes into the first episode and found it to be a chore to watch so threw in the towel about then.
I do agree its a very strong cast, but I don't think that will be enough to draw in the viewers. ABC comedies have generally been weak over the past 5 or 6 years (probably longer) with the exception of Modern Family and The Middle... Everything else they put out just hasn't done it for me...
But then again, what do I know, I'm probably one of the only people who really likes Mad Love...

Basq Registered User

CaptainNegative said:
Didn't expect this to get any positive feedback around here at all... I was looking forward to it purely because of the cast, but got 10 minutes into the first episode and found it to be a chore to watch so threw in the towel about then.

Give the second episode a watch actually.. and then see if you feel the same way - I preferred that to the first one.

The uber-gay guy in the second episode is clichéd but quite funny... "DRAAAAAA-MA!".

CaptainNegative said:
But then again, what do I know, I'm probably one of the only people who really likes Mad Love...

I noticed Mad Love creator Matt Tarses is executive producer on this..

.. myself and the other half have given up on 'Mad Love' - it's just not LOL funny but I actually laughed numerous times during 'Happy Ending'.

As I've said, Max is definitely the show-stealer.

If it gets picked up for season 2 I may give it another chance over the summer (but only because its a strong cast and because you've recommended it)... - with Game of Thrones starting this weekend and the return of Doctor Who the following weekend, my tv schedule is becoming fairly crammed as it is.

JP Liz V1 Registered User

Is this the one with Elisha (Jack Bauer's daughter)?

Basq Registered User

JP Liz V1 said:
Is this the one with Elisha (Jack Bauer's daughter)?

Yeah, that's the one..

.. she gets kidnapped twice in the pilot!

5 people have thanked this post
Dman001 Registered User

I seem to remember one of the cast members calling this the next 'Friends'. Bold statement to make, but I'll give it a go.

iMax Banned

Watched the first episode tonight. Not too bad. Couple of laughs in it. Got me better than outsourced, so I'll give it six or so episodes for it to find it's groove before I make up my mind.

JP Liz V1 Registered User

It has got a second season renewal

JP Liz V1 said:
It has got a second season renewal

Easily explained = Elisha Cuthbert

Skerries Registered User

naw i think it's because it's actually funny
Max is the best character and Wayans is the spit of his dad

I *REALLY* don't get this show??????....it was broadcast out of order, double eps. = burned off quickly....ratings are below average to poor.....but it got renewed?????????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Happy_Endings_episodes

It's gotta be Cuthbert shagging someone or it was ultra cheap to renew, i decided to start watching this, seen the first two [in correct production order] i'll lash onto the next two now, but it's no way as funny as Friends With Benefits!!

iMax Banned

They're hoping it'll be the next friends.

It's good & I enjoy it, but then Melissa & Joey is my guilty pleasure so I may not be the best judge

1 person has thanked this post
FreudianSlippers Registered User

I watched an episode of this on E4 last night... was actually pleasantly surprised, it was quite funny. I might add this to my show list.

ABC has ordered six additional scripts, not episode but it's a clear sign of a full season order: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/13/revenge-suburgatory-given-full-season-episode-orders-happy-endings-gets-additional-script-order/107230/

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!