vicwatson Registered User

Hi,

I've got my contacts off my old Nokia 6230i, they are stored as an Excel sheet with a .cvs extension. I have imported them to my KIES software and them exported them to my phone.

They are appearing on my phone as "unassigned" and the number is not being exported just the names.

Any help please? TIA

HELP - Please !?

Import them into gmail as Google contacts, then you won't need phone our sim contacts at all. You can edit them and manage them on your pc

Thanks Pog Mo

I would prefer if I could just transfer them from KIES into my phone.

Why is only the name being transferred and not the number ????

28064212 Registered User

Kies is a terrible piece of software (although not as bad as the steaming pile of sh*te that was it's predecessor, PC Studio). I have a Samsung for a year and a half now, and other than upgrading from Android 1.5 to 2.1 (a nightmare in itself), I've never seen any practical use whatsoever for the Samsung PC software.

Seriously OP, save yourself a huge amount of hassle and just wipe Kies off your computer. Delete any contacts you've created in your phone. Then upload the CSV file to your google/gmail contacts, connect your phone the internet, wait for it to synchronise, and you're done

1 person has thanked this post

Seriously OP, save yourself a huge amount of hassle and just wipe Kies off your computer. Delete any contacts you've created in your phone. Then upload the CSV file to your google/gmail contacts, connect your phone the internet, wait for it to synchronise, and you're done

Will this also move the numbers over to my phone? As it is I have the names but not the numbers

28064212 Registered User

vicwatson said:
Will this also move the numbers over to my phone? As it is I have the names but not the numbers

If they're in the csv file, then yes, although I'd recommend you delete all the details you have in the phone at the moment, otherwise you might end up with two sets of contacts

if they're in the csv file, then yes, although I'd recommend you delete all the details you have in the phone at the moment, otherwise you might end up with two sets of contacts

Thanks for that help, I've done that and can you tell me why i have 3 x g's (for google) beside some of my names and some of them have 2 x g's beside them ??

Now I've got:

Not Assigned - (409)

CONTACTS - (253)

Nokia Contacts - (250)

Starred in Android - (0)

CoWorkers - (0)

Family - (0)

Friends - (0)

My Contacts - (257)

????

Login to google mail on your desktop, click on contacts and sort them there, some of them may have more than one number and be listed twice, Merge them and edit them till you have them all sorted the way you want, you can add them to groups (family friends etc) if you wish later. Google contacts will then appear on the phone the way you sorted them, no need to sync or send them, it does it itself.

In contatcs you can click menu and set the phone to only show google contacts, not sim or phone, untick them (I deleted them, I just use google). You can let the phone show Twitter and Facebook ones too but set it to only show contacts with numbers

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!