Number Nine Registered User

12 people have thanked this post
FreudianSlippers Registered User

Nice! Looks like they were planning on doing that M3 pickup April Fool's joke during e30 times

bijapos Registered User

Nice pics, though its not much of a secret now .

I think most of those cars have appeared at some show or another over the years, and are sometimes on show in the BMW museum in Munich. Some such as the M8 and E60 M5 have been test driven by car magazines and the X5 variation was considered but they eventually settled for the X5 4.6is.

The two cars they should have built in my opinion out of all of them were the E34 convertible (with any engine option) and the M8.

2 people have thanked this post
Top Dog Registered User

Wonder why they never put the M3 Touring into production considering you can/could get an M5 touring. Surely it would have made some sense as a proper S4/RS4 Avant rival?

Top Dog said:
Wonder why they never put the M3 Touring into production considering you can/could get an M5 touring. Surely it would have made some sense as a proper S4/RS4 Avant rival?

Top Dog Registered User

That high-top 5-series looks hideous!

Irish Fire Registered User

Top Dog said:
That high-top 5-series looks hideous!

Looks like it hit a Legacy........

3 people have thanked this post
dharn Registered User

reminds me of a hearse

JohnnyMustang22 Registered User

first time I've seen these pics......

Has anyone any more info on them? Private collection or BMW stash?

bijapos Registered User

Number

Looks like a wheelchair or a couple of bicycles in the back of that. Could have been a one off for a BMW sponsored team.

JohnnyMustang22 said:

The collection belongs to BMW and is in their M development buildings in Munich. Its out near the new Bayern Munich stadium. You can't normally get in but the cars are sometimes on view in their museum and sometimes in the showroom of the BMW sales HQ. This is the place where you go when you decide to pick the car up yourself instead of at a dealers.

BMW also have another storage facility in Munich for other cars that are not (or never will be) on display such as ex-F1 ex-DTM etc cars, concepts, experimentals, one offs and so on. Again access is impossible.

I'm not sure why they never built some of those models, the only M5 estate they ever built was the E34 and then they only built less than 900 of them.

2 people have thanked this post
JohnnyMustang22 Registered User

bijapos said:
Looks like a wheelchair or a couple of bicycles in the back of that. Could have been a one off for a BMW sponsored team.

The collection belongs to BMW and is in their M development buildings in Munich. Its out near the new Bayern Munich stadium. You can't normally get in but the cars are sometimes on view in their museum and sometimes in the showroom of the BMW sales HQ. This is the place where you go when you decide to pick the car up yourself instead of at a dealers.

BMW also have another storage facility in Munich for other cars that are not (or never will be) on display such as ex-F1 ex-DTM etc cars, concepts, experimentals, one offs and so on. Again access is impossible.

I'm not sure why they never built some of those models, the only M5 estate they ever built was the E34 and then they only built less than 900 of them.

Thanks for the info. Very interesteing.

FreudianSlippers Registered User

Just saw that apparently they used that e30 M3 pickup as a way of bringing around parts. lol

JohnnyMustang22 said:

5 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!