rainbow kirby Moderator

RubyK said:
Fingers crossed you're on the right road now

I really, really hope so. This injury has been a real nightmare so far.

Glad to see you’re getting back on track! When is this 5k you were trying to organise drinks around?!

rainbow kirby Moderator

claralara said:
Glad to see you’re getting back on track! When is this 5k you were trying to organise drinks around?!

Donore 5k -> Ryans?

Brianderunner Registered User

rainbow kirby said:
Donore 5k -> Ryans?

Yep that session's been in the pipeline since February. Gonna be a long one, good warm up for the race series. 10 drink minimum this year i've heard

1 person has thanked this post
rainbow kirby Moderator

Brianderunner said:
Yep that session's been in the pipeline since February. Gonna be a long one, good warm up for the race series. 10 drink minimum this year i've heard

Brianderunner vs Menopause for last man standing. Place your bets now.

2 people have thanked this post
Mr Slow Registered User

rainbow kirby said:
Brianderunner vs Menopause for last man standing. Place your bets now.

Brian may be the last man standing but Meno will be still ordering drinks from the floor!

3 people have thanked this post
rainbow kirby Moderator

1,500m swim before heading to Messrs last night. Managed to leave my swimming gear behind in Messrs. D'oh!

rainbow kirby Moderator

And 40 days after the injury, I *finally* ran 5km this evening. 9 min walk / 31 minute run (5.3km covered, 5.52/km average pace - 9.26/mile old money) / 6 minute walk. Very happy with that - no pain, so yet another little milestone.

14 people have thanked this post
pgmcpq Registered User

rainbow kirby said:
And 40 days after the injury, I *finally* ran 5km this evening. 9 min walk / 31 minute run (5.3km covered, 5.52/km average pace - 9.26/mile old money) / 6 minute walk. Very happy with that - no pain, so yet another little milestone.

Great news .... patience is (still!) key.

Mr Slow Registered User

Good stuff J!

W.B. Yeats Registered User

Well done but if I was you I'd take it easy
Now might be a good time to stay where you are and not push on- get the ITB used to running again!

2 people have thanked this post
rainbow kirby Moderator

Stretched it out again a bit this morning, 9 min walk / 40 min run / 8 min walk. Covered 5.39 miles in total, 4.25 miles of that running - average running pace 9.35/mile. No pain from the injury site at all, which I'm pretty delighted with because the route used was slightly less flat than other runs I've done over the last week or two. Was also chuffed to be out for long enough to listen to a decent chunk of this week's MarathonTalk while running

6 people have thanked this post

Excellent, well done. I'm sure I don't have to tell you to take it easy though and build up slowly again...not that I take my own advice!!

jcsmum Registered User

Fantastic J. Your patience is paying off.

Perkina3 Registered User

So when is this 5km. I am interested and want to run it... even if it's just for ****s and giggles. Also.... very interested in drinks afterwards. My 3.5 month abstinence has been lifted

Glad you're doing well too Ms. Kirby!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!