psinno Registered User

fransdev said:
Thanks for the update Declan, it seems that it is sold out everywhere even in US. If they ever want to win from Apple, companies like Asus and Samsung need to work out their Supply Chain. What about prices? When I was at the Gadget Live Show in Birmingham your colleagues could give me a price. (no release date as well)

I'm sure Asus could do with some tips on how to launch devices but more on topic it would nice if PC World had more of an interest in the cash that has been sitting in my piggy bank waiting to be spent on a tablet.

psinno Registered User

allen175 said:
Did they tell you how much it will cost for each version?

There is now a display model in Jervis priced at 469 iirc. No sign in cpw Dundrum.

psinno said:
I'm sure Asus could do with some tips on how to launch devices but more on topic it would nice if PC World had more of an interest in the cash that has been sitting in my piggy bank waiting to be spent on a tablet.

Please be assured that we have a very definite interest in your cash....

smackyB Registered User

Any chance of doing a pre-order deal similar to the iPad 2 launch?

Cormic Registered User

psinno said:
There is now a display model in Jervis priced at 469 iirc. No sign in cpw Dundrum.

If that is the price then I am VERY tempted. Was playing with the Xoom yesterday in the PCW at Carrickmines and I was impressed but for 100 euro less the Asus may get my cash.

Cormic said:
If that is the price then I am VERY tempted. Was playing with the Xoom yesterday in the PCW at Carrickmines and I was impressed but for 100 euro less the Asus may get my cash.

Can confirm that this will be the price. Now for some stock.......

smackyB said:
Any chance of doing a pre-order deal similar to the iPad 2 launch?

Might be famous last words but I don't think there's a need to. It's the initial allocation of stock that's a bit behind schedule but, once it's in ( unless demand goes ballistic ) we should be fine for stock. The current issue we have with it is that not enough of our stores have been ranged for the product so we're doing some work on that.

Xoom stock is grand now but it took a while to get in

wes Registered User

So is this avaliable to buy now in PC World, and if that is the case, what versions do you have avaliable?

wes said:
So is this avaliable to buy now in PC World, and if that is the case, what versions do you have avaliable?

Not yet, assuming another two weeks.

1 person has thanked this post
yugi Registered User

tablet and keyboard = €469?

are you expecting tablet and keyboard in stock or just tablet

can you let us know the individual prices for the tablet and keyboard?

yugi said:

Just tablet I'd expect. I'll ask about the keyboard tomorrow when my man in the know Sean is back

allen175 Registered User

good stuff with the update guys! looking forward to getting my hands on one of these!

i was looking at the expansys site and their prices are all over the place, €590 for it with no keyboard and €555 with keyboard.

elderlemon Registered User

First of all nice to see Currys/PC world rep on here. That's good customer service.

The price looks really good. I think I'm going to take one off your hands once you get stock.

thanks

yugi said:

For just the tablet only. Nobody's working in the UK today where we'd get some info on the keyboard so I'll update next week when we have this

Serephucus Registered User

Any estimates on the 32GB versions price-wise?

Also, can you confirm if they is actually a 64GB+3G version? I've heard a lot of conflicting things about this.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!