Catalpa1 Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormond lad
Kick off is at 11 according to referees website

This game off.

Yep Clonakilty Highfield U 17 is cancelled, dont know the reason the Highfield lads got a text this even it may be due to the bird flu down in CLon but dont really know

rugby_fan Registered User

Have heard that Ireland u19s are playing France in templeville road after the irish youths match this thursday,
Should be two good games!

rugby_fan said:
Have heard that Ireland u19s are playing France in templeville road after the irish youths match this thursday,
Should be two good games!

They are playing france like the youths and they are also travelling to england to face an english 19s side

ScareGilly Registered User

Anyone got a link to the under 19s team? One of my teammates is on it and just wondering about the rest of the team..

ScareGilly said:
Anyone got a link to the under 19s team? One of my teammates is on it and just wondering about the rest of the team..

Below is the 32 training squad picked for the 19s for the camp held over xmas. I imagine the squad will be very similar to this

Edward Byrne - Clongowes College
Bryan Byrne - Clongowes College
James Connolly - Newbridge
Jamie Dever - Westport Rice College
Barry Digby - Marist
Ultan Dillane - Tralee
Tom Farrell - Castleknock College
Brian Haugh - Young Munster
Robert Henshaw - Marist
Niall Horan - UL Bohemians
Conor Joyce - Malone
Donagh Lawler - St. Michael's College
Darragh Leader - Galwegians
Eoghan Masterson - Clontarf
Max McFarland - Clongowes College
Harry McNulty - Dublin University
Michael Mellet - Castleknock College
Kenneth Murphy - Pres Bray
Stuart Olding - Belfast Harlequins
Matthew Rea - Ballymena Academy
Mark Roche - Lansdowne
Rory Scholes - Belfast Harlequins
Christopher Taylor - Malone
Gavin Thornbury - Blackrock College
Josh van der Flier - UCD
John Andrew - Ballymena
Steven Crosbie - Old Belvedere
David Panter - Corinthians
John Donnan - Ballynahinch
Jerry Sexton - St. Mary's College
Ryan Murphy - Dolphin
Jack Fitzpatrick - Gonzaga College

John_Rambo Registered User

Moving!! Sorry.

John_Rambo said:
Hope I'm posting in the right place, I felt this has to be said after having the pleasure of seeing a few schools matches over the last few months on Setanta. The skill levels, fitness levels, ambition, maturity and tenacity of most of the teams is phenomenal. Hats off to coaches and students, sometimes I can't believe they are school kids.

The future looks good.

And... what the fook are yes eating?

This is the youths thread, the schools thread is here.

John_Rambo Registered User

ormond lad said:
This is the youths thread, the schools thread is here.

Thanks dude, Mods, you can delete that now! I will repost in the right place.

Waterpark won east 19s cup yesterday beating clonmel in clonmel 37-12 so keep on track to potentially win all 4 east cups after winning the 4 leagues(13s,15s,17s,19s) earlier in the season

KJY Registered User

They lost the 15s I think. If they beat Cashel in the semi-final today they will most likely win the 17s as well. 7 out of 8 would be acceptable I suppose

Dave Joyce Registered User

'Wegians conceeded the semi final to Corinthians so the Cup and Plate finals are set for next Sunday April 8th in I think the Sportsground. Cup is Monivea V Westport and the Plate is Corinthians V Ballinrobe.

Thought I'd just mention Corinthians 16's who played in the first round of the All Ireland U16 Blitz yesterday. Games are just 10mins aside and they won all 4 games scoring 132 points and conceding none. The quarter, semi and final take place at the end of the month.

specttator Registered User

Speaking of matches won, i hear Ashbourne beat Kilkenny u 17s to reach semi finals of Culliton Cup, I don't know the score nor the names of the others to reach this stage. Any info?

Dave Joyce said:

Thought I'd just mention Corinthians 16's who played in the first round of the All Ireland U16 Blitz yesterday. Games are just 10mins aside and they won all 4 games scoring 132 points and conceding none. The quarter, semi and final take place at the end of the month.

What comp is that?
are you sure its an all ireland comp as theres no 16s comp like that in munster

BigHeel Registered User

specttator said:
Speaking of matches won, i hear Ashbourne beat Kilkenny u 17s to reach semi finals of Culliton Cup, I don't know the score nor the names of the others to reach this stage. Any info?

Ashbourne won 20-8. They now play Navan (who beat Naas 34-8). The other semi final is Mullingar (beat New Ross 37-7) v Tullamore (beat Dundalk 15-14).

BigHeel Registered User

ormond lad said:
What comp is that?
are you sure its an all ireland comp as theres no 16s comp like that in munster

It is not an All Ireland. It is an invitational event run by DLSP.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!