#1

Can someone recommend a good driving Instructer/school in waterford city?

Aquos76 Moderator
#2

Personally I used Keiran Kennedy as did my wife, and we found him excellent, however that was over 10 years ago now, but I still see him around almost everyday as busy as ever.

Kieran Kennedy Driving School
Brass Cock Ballinakill
Waterford
(051) 878971

2 people have thanked this post
#3

used roadskill , Richard for my three kids found him excellent, 051 333909

Bluezar Registered User
#4

I'm learning at the moment with a guy called Maurice Walsh from ABC Driving School. He is very good and only charges 25e an hour which is pretty good value. His number is 086 1685434

Rainbow_brite Registered User
#5

Aquos76 said:
Personally I used Keiran Kennedy as did my wife, and we found him excellent, however that was over 10 years ago now, but I still see him around almost everyday as busy as ever.

Kieran Kennedy Driving School
Brass Cock Ballinakill
Waterford
(051) 878971


I would also recommend Kieran, I have recommended him to friends and family too and they all passed their test first time and thought he was great.

Crusty Blaa Registered User
#6

Yeah you can't go wrong with Kieran. He taught me how to drive properly in 3 lessons and also guided me through my test which I passed first time. I remember my first lesson with him, he threw me right in at the deep end - Dunmore Road at rush hour!

200motels Registered User
#7

Philip Kincella Hillview he's outstanding.

lily09 Registered User
#8

Bluezar said:
I'm learning at the moment with a guy called Maurice Walsh from ABC Driving School. He is very good and only charges 25e an hour which is pretty good value. His number is 086 1685434



Would second that, my sister just passed her test with him said he was very nice.

dazftw Registered User
#9

Crusty Blaa said:
Yeah you can't go wrong with Kieran. He taught me how to drive properly in 3 lessons and also guided me through my test which I passed first time. I remember my first lesson with him, he threw me right in at the deep end - Dunmore Road at rush hour!


Same 3 lesson's passed 1st go with him.

spikadelica Registered User
#10

Billy Walsh in Tramore is v good also, old school but very good grounding in basics and really test specific.

nkay1985 Registered User
#11

My wife and at least one friend also used Kieran Kennedy and couldn't speak highly enough of him. He is busy though as I found out when I went to get a pre-test lesson with him a couple of years back: he didn't have any room for about two weeks. Ended up going with a fella who was called Cheasty I think. He was grand but I was already well able to drive and wouldn't be toos ure how he'd be with someone starting off.

Actually the friend I mentioned above used Billy Walsh at first and told me some horror stories about the lessons. It's purely anecdotal but this girl is well able to drive and passed her test first time after using Kieran Kennedy so I wouldn't be rushing to use him.

pocketvenus Registered User
#12

nkay1985 said:
My wife and at least one friend also used Kieran Kennedy and couldn't speak highly enough of him. He is busy though as I found out when I went to get a pre-test lesson with him a couple of years back: he didn't have any room for about two weeks. Ended up going with a fella who was called Cheasty I think. He was grand but I was already well able to drive and wouldn't be toos ure how he'd be with someone starting off.

Actually the friend I mentioned above used Billy Walsh at first and told me some horror stories about the lessons. It's purely anecdotal but this girl is well able to drive and passed her test first time after using Kieran Kennedy so I wouldn't be rushing to use him.



I would also recommend Kieran Kennedy, he is brill and very patient. I never had driven before I took lesson with him so needless to say the first time I went out I was so nervous but made me feel relaxed and after that I had no bother and learned in no time at all.

On day of my driving test we went out on a pre-test couple of hours before hand and went through the whole pre-test questions and pointing out dip stick etc with me. I was so thrilled when I passed first time.

bluesfan Registered User
#13

After a couple of lessons with someone else who just didn't seem interested, I went with Corinne Brooks of ISM and was very happy with her.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!