KeRbDoG Registered User
#2,131

Gen10 Microserver was released, believe there is another discount system

1 person has thanked this post
stimpson Registered User
#2,132

KeRbDoG said:
Gen10 Microserver was released, believe there is another discount system

Ah stop. I don't need one. But I want one.

2 people have thanked this post
long_b Registered User
#2,133

I don't have any more information besides this link

https://www.serversdirect.co.uk/p/1213893/hpe-proliant-microserver-gen10-amd-opteron-x3216-dual-core-3.4-ghz-8gb-4-x-non-hotplug

But looking at the pdf that's in the page it seems, for the UK anyways, that there's 50 GBP off both the Gen 8 and the Gen 10

AmberGold Registered User
#2,134

Careful with Serversdirect cash back deals, my claim was turned down by HP on the basis the product didn't originate in the UK.
Serversdirect response was to send product back for a full refund at my shipping expense.
They were difficult to deal with, not full of praise for HP for their stance on this although it is a good product.

1 person has thanked this post
KeRbDoG Registered User
#2,135

stimpson said:
Ah stop. I don't need one. But I want one.

I was in the same boat but then I don't see it being an improvement over the last gen depending on what CPU you have installed. The best gen10 shipped CPU isn't as good as the best CPU you could drop into the last gen and you lose LILO. Ummmmm

Anyone after a Intel E3-1220L V2 @ 2.30GHz CPU for their Gen9?

stimpson Registered User
#2,136

KeRbDoG said:
I was in the same boat but then I don't see it being an improvement over the last gen depending on what CPU you have installed. The best gen10 shipped CPU isn't as good as the best CPU you could drop into the last gen and you lose LILO. Ummmmm

Anyone after a Intel E3-1220L V2 @ 2.30GHz CPU for their Gen9?

Yeah. Very disappointing when I read the reviews. I'm planning on going rackmount for the next server anyway.

my3cents Registered User
#2,137

I ended up with a Dell T20 Server (midi tower size) when a member here offered one for sale, slapped a E3-1225 V3 and a lot of RAM but it never really got used as a server and its now my main PC.

So that still leaves me looking for a MicroServer as the old desktop I use as a server is getting less reliable but I don't really see Gen 10 as making it onto my shopping list. Hopefully there will be some cheap Gen 8's available second hand.

joe250 Registered User
#2,138

Hi

Power supply has gone faulty on my Microserver N40l. Anyone know where to buy replacement?

grogi Registered User
#2,139

joe250 said:
Hi

Power supply has gone faulty on my Microserver N40l. Anyone know where to buy replacement?

Does https://www.kustompcs.co.uk/components/power-supplies/dc-boards-ac-adapters/seasonic-ss-300m1u-80plus-gold-300w-1u-power-supply/ look like one that would fit?

joe250 Registered User
#2,140

Yes that looks like it.The one in the server is 150w power supply.

grogi Registered User
#2,141

joe250 said:

Never too much power... You'll end up with a few additional plugs too. But https://homeservershow.com/forums/topic/8995-replacement-power-supply-for-microserver suggests it works fine in N40l.

AmberGold Registered User
#2,142

I bought from LaptopsDirect using one of these cash back deals.

HP refused to pay the cashback on the basis the product sold to me originated outside the UK. LaptopsDirect dragged their response out finally offering a return for credit.

In the meantime, I had built up the device and it was in service, wasn't worth my while returning. Beware!

Last time I'll use LaptopsDirect.

grogi Registered User
#2,143

AmberGold said:
Last time I'll use LaptopsDirect.

I've got mine years ago from Dabs, but confirmed with HP it will qualify for the cashback...

grogi Registered User
#2,144

joe250 said:

There is 200W and 250W versions as well - SS-200SU and SS-250SU. The latter is sold by Scan: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/250w-seasonic-ss-250su-80plus-bronze-1u-psu-50-60-hz-80-efficiency-sata-hdd-fdd But you would have to confirm it comes with required connections.

m8 Registered User
#2,145

Is the cashback offer still available?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!