salthillman Registered User

There is a 16 year old boy missing in Galway. His name is Cian Comerford and he went missing last night. He was last seen at half four this morning (Sunday 6 March) in Menlo. All of his friends have been contacted but no one knows anything. The Guards have been contacted and there was a search party sent out earlier but they stopped after it got dark. There is another search party going out tomorrow morning at half eight. If anyone is available that would be great. They are meeting at the church in Menlo. It's totally out of character for him to go missing like this and his parents are very worried. If you have any information please contact the Guards on 091 - 538-000.

Thanks.

(If anyone can tell me how to upload a pic from Facebook that would be great. Otherwise you can check out his profile, I'm fairly sure his pics aren't set to private)

1 person has thanked this post
TheCosmicFrog Hosted Moderator

Right-click on his Facebook picture and click "Save image as..." or "Save Picture As..." and save it somewhere on your computer. Then edit your original post, scroll down and click "Manage Attachments". Click "Browse", then find the image on your computer and click "Open". Then click "Upload". After that's done, you can click "Submit Reply" again.

1 person has thanked this post
ronnie3585 Registered User

That's terrible.

What was he wearing when he went missing? Whereabouts in Menlo was he last seen?

LadyMayBelle Registered User

Can't see any photos; have you a link or any info on what he was wearing etc?
hope he is found safe and well soon.

biko Arbiter

A post removed, I think it's best we don't speculate until we know for sure.

KittyeeTrix Registered User

:Where does young Cian go to school?

Lord, as the mother of a 16 year old lad myself who worries when he goes out with his mates I am praying to God he is okay....
My thoughts are with his parents ( nightmare to be going thru')

Would be good to know where abouts in Menlo he went missing. I know many people who head to Menlo kayaking and they would go towards where he was last seen and keep their eyes open about the place......

dollybird2 Registered User

As a friend of Cian's parents I am sad to report that Cian is RIP

Storm 10 Registered User

O My God that is so tragic, May He Rest in Peace the poor lad. My deepest sympathy to his family

salthillman Registered User

Found dead this morning. Died from exposure. In total shock....

Thanks for the help.

RIP Cian.

biko Arbiter

JohnCleary posted it earlier but since there was no official news I removed it in case it wasn't him.
Does anyone have a link to a source?

LadyMayBelle Registered User

Jesu that is terrible. May he rest in peace, poor lad.

maki Registered User

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0307/galway.html

RIP and my condolences to his family.

JohnCleary Registered User

biko said:
JohnCleary posted it earlier but since there was no official news I removed it in case it wasn't him.
Does anyone have a link to a source?

There will be no link for a while. I know you're only protecting boards by requesting so, but 3 confirmations should be enough!

So sad, so young. RIP.

-Edit- Didn't think there would be a link up so quickly, apologies

RTT Registered User
biko Arbiter

From RTTs link

The body of a 16-year-old youth has been recovered this morning in a field in the Menlo area of Galway city.

The body of a 16-year-old youth has been recovered this morning in a field in the Menlo area of Galway city.
It follows an extensive search for a student who had been missing since leaving a party in the early hours of Sunday.
No foul play is suspected.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!