Limerick man Registered User
#91

Bombbastic22 said:
Wow, didn't know you could do that! Nice one! ;-)


Did you even read the origional post

Bombbastic22 Registered User
#92

Limerick man said:
Did you even read the origional post


Alas, Limerick Man, I only skimmed it.

I shall hitherto endeavour to pay greater attention to each and every word of your eloquent brilliance as there is no doubt great wisdom to be acquired therein.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and my wife's bottom too

MidlandsM Banned
#93

Limerick man said:
Something is dodgey there if he's saying he's a private seller.

Best thing is to ring him armed with your details and ask him straight out.



and shure he'll only say no........forget about it.

Starman07 Registered User
#94

Apologies if posting in the wrong thread, but have a quick question.

Bought a 2nd BMW from a dealer last week, 3 month warranty and full service.They serviced it the day i bought it, but i've just checked and they never stamped it in the book? Is there any reason why they wouldn't have? Or is it just an oversight? Bringing it back in next week to be valeted. Should i insist that it be stamped?

Thanks.

#95

Don't insist they stamp the book, just ask. It was probably just a mistake.

2 people have thanked this post
whowantstwoknow Registered User
#96

I'm looking to see what checks can be done on an Irish registered UK import car.

Obviously the SH, VLC, a full motorcheck but I've seen threads here about the V5 serial number and issue date, but isnt the V5 taken by revenue when you do the VRT? If you did have these how and what sort of checks can you do with them?

Anything else?

W.

MidlandsM Banned
#97

whowantstwoknow said:
I'm looking to see what checks can be done on an Irish registered UK import car.

Obviously the SH, VLC, a full motorcheck but I've seen threads here about the V5 serial number and issue date, but isnt the V5 taken by revenue when you do the VRT? If you did have these how and what sort of checks can you do with them?

Anything else?

W.



if you have the english reg and english v5c doc no, you can do a dvla mot history check for free online.

PatsyR Registered User
#98

Is it ok or a bit dodgy to transfer money into the seller's bank account and collect the car later on the same day?

#99

Don't pay anything (beyond a reasonable deposit) until you have the car and keys.

1 person has thanked this post
Bob Cratchet Registered User
#100

Blanking out number plates in car ads is all the rage now, supposedly to stop car cloning for tolls etc., but I'm sure it's also done to stop people doing a wee bit of research.

What are frequent buyers experiences regarding this ?

Bombbastic22 Registered User
#101

Bob Cratchet said:
Blanking out number plates in car ads is all the rage now, supposedly to stop car cloning for tolls etc., but I'm sure it's also done to stop people doing a wee bit of research.

What are frequent buyers experiences regarding this ?


Is that the reason? It seems kind of dumb since you could do that with any car at anytime whose reg is visible. I mean, why bother going to look up cars online when you can see em right outside your door.

It would make more sense to cover your reg up before going through tolls right? That way they don't know where to send the fines.

P.S: Joke

Bombbastic22 Registered User
#102

PatsyR said:
Is it ok or a bit dodgy to transfer money into the seller's bank account and collect the car later on the same day?


Very, very dodgy. I knew a guy once who sold the same motorbike to three different people - except that none of them actually got it.

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this but it's a good idea to ring the hp register to check if there is any finance owing on a vehicle cos you could be in hot water if there is

H.P register:
012600905

sean1141 Registered User
#103

Bombbastic22 said:
Is that the reason? It seems kind of dumb since you could do that with any car at anytime whose reg is visible. I mean, why bother going to look up cars online when you can see em right outside your door.



but say i am looking to clone the reg of a blue mondeo. i could be walking/driving around for hours looking to see one that i could get the reg off. where as it would be so much easier to log on to an online car sales site, input the make and model and sometimes colour and presto i have a list to chose from..

1 person has thanked this post
Bombbastic22 Registered User
#104

sean1141 said:
but say i am looking to clone the reg of a blue mondeo. i could be walking/driving around for hours looking to see one that i could get the reg off. where as it would be so much easier to log on to an online car sales site, input the make and model and sometimes colour and presto i have a list to chose from..


Makes sense I guess.

Bombbastic22 Registered User
#105

Was looking at a few 09 Mitsubishi Lancers of late and noticed that a lot of them have had two owners already.

Does anyone else think it's dodgy for a car to have already had two owners in two years?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!