loverboy Banned

hey guys want to go to GMIT next year just wondering how ye rate it as a college?? thanks!

loverboy Banned

Also which student village is best in your opinion for a first year??

PerrinV2 Moderator

loverboy said:
hey guys want to go to GMIT next year just wondering how ye rate it as a college?? thanks!

Depends on what the question is really,are you wondering about a specific course or how the lecturers are or what its like to live in galway?

loverboy Banned

PerrinV2 said:
Depends on what the question is really,are you wondering about a specific course or how the lecturers are or what its like to live in galway?

Oh about the lecturers and galway life?

jitter Registered User

I love Galway life! I'm a from a small village though where there's only 2 pubs to go to so I might be easily pleased.
I live in Glasan, management try rip ya off on everything but I think its the best craic out of all the other student accomodations. I lived in Gleann na Ri last year and it was nice too, but the walk can get annoying.

Ava-Adore Registered User

GMIT campus = Non existant.
Galway night life = Messy!
Annnnnnd, Glasan is good for first years ya, but its a complete and utter kip and you will never get your full deposit back.

Dellboy2007 Registered User

Galway's a great city. Lovely people and great buzz around the place. If you let us know what course you're hoping on doing maybe someone can give you an insight into it as the lecturers are different for every course.

hdowney Registered User

Ava-Adore said:
GMIT campus = Non existant.
Galway night life = Messy!
Annnnnnd, Glasan is good for first years ya, but its a complete and utter kip and you will never get your full deposit back.

ok so i'd be interested in a bit of detail on the sh!t campus. more than just a generic it is sh!t. like what is sh!t about it?

Dellboy2007 Registered User

hdowney said:
ok so i'd be interested in a bit of detail on the sh!t campus. more than just a generic it is sh!t. like what is sh!t about it?

There is no campus. There is a building where lectures are on and that's it. Want to see a 'campus' have a look down in UL.

1 person has thanked this post
hdowney Registered User

so there is nowhere with like other campusy type facilities etc. like where do they have the library, student services, do they got a canteen etc

ole112 Registered User

GMIT is a great place to go to college, finishing up my 2nd year now and they have been the best ones of my life. There is a great atmosphere to the college. Don't understand the reference to the campus been '****'. There is a common room, canteen, chill out zone, gym etc.
Galway it'self, plain and simple is the best place to go to college....
Student accom, go for glean na ri, altough I live in Glasan, they just rip ya off..

powpow Registered User

OP, it depends, what are you thinking of studying?

Diabhal Beag Registered User

What's the gym like? Is it part of a hotel?

powpow Registered User

No there is a standalone gym on campus, pretty basic facilities though. There is a Kingfisher leisure centre 3 minutes walking distance from the main campus and they usually offer good student deals.

1 person has thanked this post
ted2767 Registered User

I'll give you one bit of advice unless it's hotel management or maybe some of the engineering courses don't go to gmit!
Seriously it's reputation is poor and getting worse with students who cheat final year submissions being allowed graduate on appeal I'd say employers are looking at a lot of gmit graduates c.v.'s and dumping them!
I'm not an nuig graduate but I'd say student life there is far better nicer campus, better facilities, good student bar etc.
If you can go elsewhere.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!