#1

So I have been for 2 interviews for a job I really want. the first interview went really well, was 1.5 hours long and I felt like we all got along well. The second interview was more tricky and I definately did not answer the questions as well as I wanted to. They asked the usual questions at the end about how long my notice period is etc. They said I would know early this week but it is Wednesday now and I am thinking the worst! Would you contact them or is that just a bad idea?

seamus Dental Plan!
#2

Since you did a second interview, I would expect that you will be contacted either way (instead of "forgotten about" as often happens), so I would tend to say no news is good news. If they ddn't want you, they'd probably be back to you already.

If they tell you "Early next week" and you haven't heard, then Thursday afternoon is the best time for a follow-up call. Ringing on Monday or Tuesday is jumping the gun, ringing on Wednesday is a sign of impatience, late on Thursday is reasonable

6679 Registered User
#3

For the job I have been offered, I was waiting 3 weeks before an offer was made but I was told I should know two days after the interview and this was a big company. The problem was getting approval from their HQ and key people being out sick.

For other jobs interviews I had I was told I should know in 3 days...two and a half weeks later I found out I didnt get the job. One of my friends went for the same position and he was waiting the same amount of time and he got an offer.

So try and not read into it too much.

#4

Thanks for the replies, they called this afternoon. Another candidate has entered the competition so they are going to meet with that person and then make a decision, they apologised for delaying the decision. So I know no more really!

xalot Registered User
#5

That looks to me that you're still very much in the running, if you were a definite 'no' they wouldn't be holding off.

Hope it works out for you.

#6

xalot said:
That looks to me that you're still very much in the running, if you were a definite 'no' they wouldn't be holding off.

Hope it works out for you.

Thanks a million, still no news. I think they have prob offered it by now and are waiting to hear back, they were in a major hurry to get someone in. Will update if I get any more news from them, keep your fingers crossed just in case!!

jimmurt Registered User
#7

allgirlz said:
Thanks a million, still no news. I think they have prob offered it by now and are waiting to hear back, they were in a major hurry to get someone in. Will update if I get any more news from them, keep your fingers crossed just in case!!



I'm in the very same situation at the moment. Did the interview last Tuesday. They said they would let me know early this week. Maybe I'm a being a bit pessimistic but I don't think I got the job.

They probably have someone in mind and are waiting on an answer or for them to sign a contract. In my experience companies don't tell you anything until they are sure they have someone (so they can offer to second or third choice if first choice doesn't work out). In the past I've always heard soon enough when I've got the job and later (or not at all) if I didn't get the job.

I could be wrong but that's my gut feeling in my case. Anyway good luck.

BlackWizard Registered User
#8

I recently done an interview on a Wednesday and found out I got the job the following week on a Thursday.

Keep your head up.. you never know!

Lux23 Registered User
#9

I hate the waiting.

I recently did a second interview with a really big Irish company, they told me it would take two weeks to make a decision which was fine. Anyway after the two weeks were up I sent the HR guy an email asking him what the story was, turns out the job was on hold and the company are about to announce a massive redundancy programme. He said either way all the candidates would have been contacted in early April which I think is shocking, that would mean at least a 6 week wait.

Now after I do an interview if its been more than the length of time than they said it would be I will email them and then call them if they don't reply. I find smaller companies are the worst though, they don't bother their arse half the time to get back to you.

jimmurt Registered User
#10

The waiting is sh1t alright. I was told they would let me know early this week and still no word. I'm going to wait until Monday afternoon and then email the recruitment agency.

Like I said earlier, I don't think I got the job but a bit of closure would be nice.

#11

Well I heard back and I did not get the job! Was very disappointed when I heard but am ok now. I had to call them and they gave me a story about how they were just about to call!!! Anyhow, I got very little feedback, apparently I did a good interview but the other candidate had far better current pharma experience. I would have preferred to get some good constructive criticism so I know what areas I need to work on. Good luck to the rest of you currently waiting to hear, I hope you get better news!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!