paddy147 Banned
#1

Is it possible to pick up Eurosport by satalite dish??

Reason being is that I really like my motorsports and MotoGP and WSB and motorsport season is approaching very soon,so can I get Eurosport via a free to air dish setup??

Also,what satalite would carry Eurosport??

Thanks.

Navarre Moderator
#2

paddy147 said:
Is it possible to pick up Eurosport by satalite dish??

Reason being is that I really like my motorsports and MotoGP and WSB and motorsport season is approaching very soon,so can I get Eurosport via a free to air dish setup??

Also,what satalite would carry Eurosport??

Thanks.


Eurosport Germany
19.2°E Astra 1L 11258.50 V

zerks Registered User
#3

Its FTA on ASTRA1 19E. For the uninitiated thats the satellite with all the German tv.A Skybox won't pick it up if you point your dish at that sat.Any fta box is fine.

paddy147 Banned
#4

Thanks folks,will Eurosport be the UK Eurosport though,as in english speaking commentators??

Nothing worse than trying to watching something and have non english commentating on it.

#5

Nope it will be auf deutsch.

zerks Registered User
#6

Doesn't the BBC show bike racing also,usually via red button?

#7

zerks said:
Its FTA on ASTRA1 19E. For the uninitiated thats the satellite with all the German tv.A Skybox won't pick it up if you point your dish at that sat.Any fta box is fine.


It's possible we could prove your statement incorrect: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70027964&postcount=8 (unless you mean the analogue version, so an analogue Sky box might work).

Analogue Eurosport on 19E is still being broadcast with English audio, at the freq in scallers post.

zerks Registered User
#8

polyfusion said:
It's possible we could prove your statement incorrect: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70027964&postcount=8 (unless you mean the analogue version, so an analogue Sky box might work).

Analogue Eurosport on 19E is still being broadcast with English audio, at the freq in scallers post.


How many people still have an analogue skybox? That's just being pedantic.All I did was point out that the op won't get it on a digibox by just pointing their dish at that satellite and expecting channels to appear ala Sky.A fta box(even the cheapest ones) will work much better,just do a blind scan on it and pick up all the channels,no messing about with 'other channels' options.The digital version of Eurosport is German.
You can pick up a fta HD box in B+Q now for €50 including dish.

#9

zerks said:
...All I did was point out that the op won't get it on a digibox that anybody who has sky uses one...


But it is possible to get the digital Eurosport Deutchland on a Sky digibox, if the dish is pointed at 19.2E and the transponder added using the extra channels feature of the digibox.

I'm not being pedantic, I'm being factual (IMO).

zerks Registered User
#10

polyfusion said:
But it is possible to get the digital Eurosport Deutchland on a Sky digibox, if the dish is pointed at 19.2E and the transponder added using the extra channels feature of the digibox.

I'm not being pedantic, I'm being factual (IMO).


Yeah but not many people know that,we don't know how experienced the op is in satellite finding etc. so I just pointed out that it's not as simple as just point it correctly and pick up channels.
I have used a Skybox to pick up foreign channels on Astra1 etc.just to see if it could be done, it's a pain in the hole so I went back to using a fta box.

Navarre Moderator
#11

polyfusion said:
But it is possible to get the digital Eurosport Deutchland on a Sky digibox, if the dish is pointed at 19.2E and the transponder added using the extra channels feature of the digibox.

I'm not being pedantic, I'm being factual (IMO).


Polyfusion it is possible to do this but it does not always work. I have come across this a lot with Non nationals using a sky box with a 60cm pointed at Either 19.2 east, 13east or 5east. What will eventually happen iis that the tuner in the sky box will pack in. I understand Zerks 1st post on this I also understand what you are saying but the OP would be better of getting a Free to Air kit. If he speaks German he needs this Freq
Astra 1LM 19 E 12226 H 27500 3/4.

#12

Does German Eurosport even show Moto GP?

Your best bet is BBC. They will probably be showing it in HD also.

paddy147 Banned
#13

Minstrel27 said:
Does German Eurosport even show Moto GP?

Your best bet is BBC. They will probably be showing it in HD also.



BBC show it when they feel like it,and thry only show the actual MotoGP race and nothing else.

Im a big motorsports fan and I enjoy practice,125s Moto2 and MotoGP,also WSB and World Supersport series too.

The BEED dont show any of that.

#14

Moto GP on DSF (called Sport 1 these days)

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/MotoGP+to+screen+on+DSF+in+Germany+until+2011

Do the BBC not show the extra races on the red button?


World Superbike is spread out over Eurosport and Eurosport 2 so not all races are FTA.

white_westie Registered User
#15

If your a total die hard eurosport fan, then why not consider using the internet option. You can sign up to eurosport (I'm sure it includes both channels 1 and 2) and get access to everything they show.
Also think you can sign up by the month.
The eurosport player is quite good (from what I remember), so it might be a short term solution until your deceide on your eurosport options.

Dont forget that for the MotoGP, Eurosport UK does not show live coverage of the races anymore - they are delayed by 1 hour at least. They still show the 125 and moto 2 live, as well as practice on the other days etc. Eurosport UK also has the origional UK commentators, but Randy seems to be off the air.
Eurosport owners changed the way they broadcast and sold the live rights to the local broadcaster in each country - hence BBC for us.
Most of the coverage on BBC is on the red button and its shown live, and seems to have more coverage for the British GP.
Have watched it on sat via Sport 1 (Astra 19E) in german, also got to see it on Rai Sport (Hotbird 13E) with italian commentary.

WW

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!