RangeR Registered User
#1

From: RangeR
Sent: 22 February 2011 13:03
To: 'resolutionteam@upc.ie'
Bcc : rangersmother@rangersidle.com
Subject: [UPC] Please cancel account 12345678

To whom it may concern,

Please cancel, with immediate effect, any and all services on, the following account

Account Number : 12345678
Account Name : RangeR's Mother
Account Address : RangeR's Mother's Address
Nominated Contact : RangeR

Reasons :
Inability to provide consistent service.
Automated UPC customer support phone system is a mess.
Inability to resolve issues in a timely matter.
Contracted sales staff intentionally misleading customers [my mother]

I understand that UPC will only close the account on Tuesday, 22 March 2011 [1 month]. Please confirm and ensure that the technician calls out on that date. If a call out is before that date, we will require credit pro-rata. If a call out is after that date, the hardware will be in the driveway, ready to collect.

If there are any questions, you can contact me on the RangeRFonE


Reprehensible

5 people have thanked this post
MagicMarker Banned
#2

Cool story bro.

Dub12Dave Registered User
#3

I love the wording to that letter just wish I has the balls to write to them in that way.

wmpdd3 Registered User
#4

E-mail? I e-mailed them 5 times before they actually cancelled my old place's connection

RangeR Registered User
#5

wmpdd3 said:
E-mail? I e-mailed them 5 times before they actually cancelled my old place's connection


I rang them. They said to notify in writing either by letter or email. I emailed immediately and got an auto reply. That's all I need. If they don't cancel, It's off to the SCC. No messing around/

I've had enough of them.

1 person has thanked this post
Diddler1977 Registered User
#6

RangeR said:
I rang them. They said to notify in writing either by letter or email. I emailed immediately and got an auto reply. That's all I need. If they don't cancel, It's off to the SCC. No messing around/

I've had enough of them.


When I attempted to cancel mine they said I had to send a letter - email or phone would not work.

Diddler1977 Registered User
#7

RangeR said:
I rang them. They said to notify in writing either by letter or email. I emailed immediately and got an auto reply. That's all I need. If they don't cancel, It's off to the SCC. No messing around/

I've had enough of them.


Cancel your Direct Debit...... Most important thing to do from your end.

4 people have thanked this post
RangeR Registered User
#8

Diddler1977 said:
Cancel your Direct Debit...... Most important thing to do from your end.


Actually did that a week ago and told the bank there would be trouble if money went to UPC after that date. Any further bills, if legit, will be paid manually.

1 person has thanked this post
Nody Servant of Cthulhu
#9

Unless you've been set up by your mother with UPC to be authorized to deal with them they will most likely do nothing as you are not the account holder.

RangeR Registered User
#10

Nody said:
Unless you've been set up by your mother with UPC to be authorized to deal with them they will most likely do nothing as you are not the account holder.


I got my mother to set me up as an authorised contact three weeks ago. I gave them that amount of time to resolve the issues. They couldn't. I cancelled the account. Mother went with Sky last week. For all my dislike of Sky, their product "just works".

1 person has thanked this post
user1842 Registered User
#11

RangeR said:
I got my mother to set me up as an authorised contact three weeks ago. I gave them that amount of time to resolve the issues. They couldn't. I cancelled the account. Mother went with Sky last week. For all my dislike of Sky, their product "just works".


Make sure you send them a registered letter too as the emails dont lot any legal standing.

RangeR Registered User
#12

dmclean1842 said:
Make sure you send them a registered letter too as the emails dont lot any legal standing.


Normally, I would agree. However, I'm following [to the letter] all instructions from UPC [and the contract that was signed] as their recorded call will verify.

It's A contract is a contract, whether it's a verbal or written one. There is no question on legal standing.

user1842 Registered User
#13

RangeR said:
Normally, I would agree. However, I'm following [to the letter] all instructions from UPC [and the contract that was signed] as their recorded call will verify.

It's A contract is a contract, whether it's a verbal or written one. There is no question on legal standing.


Yes but they can say they never received your email.

youcancallmeal Registered User
#14

What exactly was the problem? I know of a good few people having problems with the UPC broadband and are looking to get out. Mine has been fine so far thankfully.

RangeR Registered User
#15

dmclean1842 said:
Yes but they can say they never received your email.


I received an auto responder email from UPC.
From: >ResolutionTeam [mailto:resolutionteam@upc.ie]
Sent: 22 February 2011 13:03
To: RangeR
Subject: Automated Response - Resolution Team Email Inbox

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email, your request will be processed by our Resolution Team. We aim to deal with your request within 5 working days.

If you have any further queries please contact Customer Service 1908.

Thank you,

UPC


I will ring them in 4 working days, If I don't hear anything else.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!