Yellowledbetter Registered User
#1

Hi guys just a quick question,
Im trying to contact sky Ireland in order in cancel my subscrition in the hope that they offer me some half price deal or something as a number of my neighbours have done the same and gotten their packages at half price for 3 or 6 months.The only number I can seem to find is an 0818 number so I was just wondering is this actually the only number they can be contacted on in order to speak to someone in the ROI?

Thanks in advance

#2

Yellowledbetter said:
Hi guys just a quick question,
Im trying to contact sky Ireland in order in cancel my subscrition in the hope that they offer me some half price deal or something as a number of my neighbours have done the same and gotten their packages at half price for 3 or 6 months.The only number I can seem to find is an 0818 number so I was just wondering is this actually the only number they can be contacted on in order to speak to someone in the ROI?

Thanks in advance


wondering the same thing, at the minute my monthly subscription is €95 and looking up upgrade to multiroom, i rang and they were pretty unhelpful when i asked were there any offer they could offcer me as i have been an sky customer with them for the past 6 years.

The just transferred me to cancellations sayin "ill put you through here and say you would like to cancel and they might offer you something to stay" - the guy in cancellations made no offer and basically said "do you want to cancel or not" - i didnt and hence just left it as it was, maybe if i cancelled they may have put me through to winback but was too much of a risk for me!

Marco85 Registered User
#3

Redders825 said:
wondering the same thing, at the minute my monthly subscription is €95 and looking up upgrade to multiroom, i rang and they were pretty unhelpful when i asked were there any offer they could offcer me as i have been an sky customer with them for the past 6 years.

The just transferred me to cancellations sayin "ill put you through here and say you would like to cancel and they might offer you something to stay" - the guy in cancellations made no offer and basically said "do you want to cancel or not" - i didnt and hence just left it as it was, maybe if i cancelled they may have put me through to winback but was too much of a risk for me!



cancel your account and sign up again. there offers are always better for new customers rather than existing ones. play the c***s at there own game!!!

TheMilkyPirate Registered User
#4

Redders825 said:
wondering the same thing, at the minute my monthly subscription is €95 and looking up upgrade to multiroom, i rang and they were pretty unhelpful when i asked were there any offer they could offcer me as i have been an sky customer with them for the past 6 years.

The just transferred me to cancellations sayin "ill put you through here and say you would like to cancel and they might offer you something to stay" - the guy in cancellations made no offer and basically said "do you want to cancel or not" - i didnt and hence just left it as it was, maybe if i cancelled they may have put me through to winback but was too much of a risk for me!


You have to say yes i do want to cancel as they have to get you on record as saying you really do want to cancel then he will give you an offer to try and convince you to say.

#5

I understand, but what happens if they say "okay, thats cancelled for you now" - will that happen? is it not a bit risky?

is there a cancellation fee? reconnection fee?

Hannibal Registered User
#6

they offered me a 10% discount to keep the movies and sports packages when I got rid of them a few months ago.
Best thing to do is to cancel it, then get someone else from your house to ring up as a new customer and you'll get the free HD+ box and half price multiroom etc

Yellowledbetter Registered User
#7

Sorry guys,i meant to get back to this thread.

I rang a few weeksback to say I wanted to cancel due to reduced hours in work etc(thankfully not true) and they offered me my package at half price for 6 months which I gladly accepted.

My package was €78 p/m,15 of which is for multiroom so they halved my package to 31.50 plus the 15.
Well worth trying for anybody i think coz their glad to keep the business.

#8

Dotsey said:
they offered me a 10% discount to keep the movies and sports packages when I got rid of them a few months ago.
Best thing to do is to cancel it, then get someone else from your house to ring up as a new customer and you'll get the free HD+ box and half price multiroom etc


Think im going to give them a call tomorrow and tell them i want to cancel, i live outside town so wouldnt have a house number. Can i cancel "Ms XYZ" account with them and open up a new account with same address but under "Mr XYZ" name?

Wish me luck, ill be happy to get anything!

Marco85 Registered User
#9

Redders825 said:
Think im going to give them a call tomorrow and tell them i want to cancel, i live outside town so wouldnt have a house number. Can i cancel "Ms XYZ" account with them and open up a new account with same address but under "Mr XYZ" name?

Wish me luck, ill be happy to get anything!


yes thats exactly what i done. our account was in her name so the missus phoned up and cancelled and then i signed up as new customer in my name!!!!

#10

Redders825 said:
I understand, but what happens if they say "okay, thats cancelled for you now" - will that happen? is it not a bit risky?

is there a cancellation fee? reconnection fee?


If you go through with the cancellation, you have to wait 30 days for it to come into effect. So if the customer agent accepts your cancellation they might: (a) go through with the cancellation or (b) offer you a discount to stay. Even it's (a) you can ring up a week later and cancel the cancellation. So in order to get the discount, as other posters have said, you may have "to go through with the cancellation and see what happens."

AFAIK, there is no re-connection fee if you cancel the cancellation before the 30 days - unless it has changed. (Not sure what happens if you re-connect after the 30 days.)

Johnboy1951 Registered User
#11

I cancelled in December ..... and on the spot was offered a deal to stay ..... as I was 'a customer of long standing' blah blag blah

Since then I have received three calls on my phone with various offers to try to get me to rejoin.

Hehe ... the last one was funny ....
"why did you cancel your subscription?"

"because I wanted to"

"Oh! Ok then ........ hang up!


tricky D NSAbot
#12

Only 3. They rang my folks about 10 times in as many months trying to get them to rejoin, despite being told in clear terms to stop calling.

TheMilkyPirate Registered User
#13

Redders825 said:
I understand, but what happens if they say "okay, thats cancelled for you now" - will that happen? is it not a bit risky?

is there a cancellation fee? reconnection fee?


I'm nearly 90% sure it won't if you have been with them a while. And even if they do cancel it won't happen for a while so just ring back up in a few days and tell them you have changed your mind and want to stay.

#14

Cool, thanks for all the replies! ill give them a call tomorrow lunchtime and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

AlmostQuick Registered User
#15

baraca said:
I'm nearly 90% sure it won't if you have been with them a while. And even if they do cancel it won't happen for a while so just ring back up in a few days and tell them you have changed your mind and want to stay.

I had a problem with a HD box where when I pressed the red button on the remote (e.g. for match choice), the box would freeze and have to be unplugged to restart. I rang their tech support which was hilarious as the thick b1tch I spoke to thought I was pressing the power button on the remote and I couldn't get through to her that it was the red button! Anyway, she hung up (seriously!) and I rang back and got some Northern Irish bloke who said I needed a new box and the call-out fee was €100. So I rang threatening to cancel and was quickly offered a free replacement box. Well worth the call.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!