Sully Moderator
#3,646

Google Chrome keeps asking me to check my sign in details for sync. But when I go to do so, it says I am logged in fine and is asking me to disconnect if I continue. I just disabled sync to get rid of the message. Any ideas?

Vahevala Registered User
#3,647

Nodferatu said:
i'd love a smart phone but they are stupidly overpriced, my sister in law dropped her iPhone 4s into a bucket of water the other day...its destroyed... thats what you get for forking out 600 quid on a phone

If you are on a billpay, a lot of cases you don't pay much for the phone... did you try the rice trick?

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

ProjectMoose Registered User
#3,648

Another battery life update on LP7.

For this test, I installed hotmail, gmail and whatsapp before unplugging the charger. Surprisingly I was able to get 49 hours our of the battery. That was with more usage and above apps syncing. Very impressed, hopefully it'll stay that way!

If anyone is having any battery life issues on an earlier version of ICS, I recommend you give LP7 (UK) a try.

thirtythirty Registered User
#3,649

I updated mine to ICS the other day - first impressions, crap! Slower and buggier. I also think ICS on my Transformer is worse than Honeycomb too, but that's besides the point.

I have an annoying bug on my S2 now that after someone replies or sends me a text, their name doesn't show up in the notification bar or in the messaging app - does anyone else have this problem? It's seriously annoying.

Also, have they included a way to get rid of Vlingo in ICS? I can't find how to do it..

ProjectMoose Registered User
#3,650

Maybe give this a try.

spottyelephant said:
...Also, have they included a way to get rid of Vlingo in ICS? I can't find how to do it..

2 people have thanked this post
#3,651

Sweet. What a rubbish app!

Anyone got any ideas on the contacts issue which is more pressing?

BopNiblets Registered User
#3,652

Are all your numbers in +3538.... format?
I think there was something about that in ICS... but I could be wrong.

coldfire1x Registered User
#3,653

BearNecessities said:
Maybe give this a try.

I am using Apex launcher and the trick works in it as well.

#3,654

BopNiblets said:

Ye, sh1t! Does that mean I'm going to have to roll back to Gingerbread to use my phone properly?

ICS has been nothing but bugs from my experience

#3,655

BopNiblets said:

Ye, sh1t! Does that mean I'm going to have to roll back to Gingerbread to use my phone properly?

Same thing has happened me, my contacts are all fcuked up.

BopNiblets Registered User
#3,656

BopNiblets said:

Probably not, but it might be doing a fresh install.

Professional Griefer Registered User
#3,657

480 euros. Woah.

Thought the price would have dropped a bit more since its been out for a while, and with the S III coming out very soon.

Still tempted to get the S II.

Zonda999 Registered User
#3,658

Ix Deadmau5 said:
480 euros. Woah.

Thought the price would have dropped a bit more since its been out for a while, and with the S III coming out very soon.

I would have thought the same but it just hasn't, only dropped a very small bit in the last 6 months. The Galaxy Nexus is actually cheaper at this stage, despite being much newer. The S2 is still a more rounded, specification wise, that is, phone though. There may be a bigger drop when the S3 is actually released still..

vicM Registered User
#3,659

Just discovered you can invert the colours on the stock browser on ICS! Finally the browser isn't going to be sucking the battery dry..

vicM Registered User
#3,660

Ix Deadmau5 said:
480 euros. Woah.

I would have thought the same but it just hasn't, only dropped a very small bit in the last 6 months. The Galaxy Nexus is actually cheaper at this stage, despite being much newer. The S2 is still a more rounded, specification wise, that is, phone though. There may be a bigger drop when the S3 is actually released still..

Actually surprised it still costs that much.I bought mine on launch day last year from Vodafone. Cost 480 and it was Sim free

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!