Cybertron85 Registered User

"We must mention that the previous owner has been strangled in this property recently, but it comes with all mod/cons and there's a bus-stop less than 5 minutes walk away!"

1 person has thanked this post
Cybertron85 Registered User

Jake1 said:
I actually love this. I see potential All that privacy. Love it.

That is the best place in Ireland to set up a cannabis factory, you could see the cops coming from miles away, they'd be in a feckin boat!

I quite like that one too, I have to admit. Serene comes to mind.

dolanbaker Moderator

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=358519

(stolen from thepropertypin)

Although lived in until October 2007 by a bachelor farmer, the cottage has a distinctly 19th century feel, reminiscent of Bunratty Folk Park.

My grandad lived in a place like that until 10 years ago, but he had a road as well!

Caoimhín Registered User

dolanbaker said:
http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=358519

(stolen from thepropertypin)

My grandad lived in a place like that until 10 years ago, but he had a road as well!

This is my favourite bit;

Access is quite unique! There is a right of way, via a track across a field, to a spot where the previous owner parked his car. This is about 100 metres from the house. From hereon the road becomes a small river, with steep sides, which is drivable by a tractor.

11 people have thanked this post

After seeing the properties you guys are laughing at in this thread all I can say is never ever move to NZ. The majority of houses are worse than a lot of these and having washers and driers in your bathroom is extremely common.

I know I've been away from Ireland too long because I'm looking at all the furnished places thinking they look lovely, while you lot are laughing! I think it's time to come home

Caoimhín Registered User

watna said:
After seeing the properties you guys are laughing at in this thread all I can say is never ever move to NZ. The majority of houses are worse than a lot of these and having washers and driers in your bathroom is extremely common.

I know I've been away from Ireland too long because I'm looking at all the furnished places thinking they look lovely, while you lot are laughing! I think it's time to come home

Fair enough, but I'd bet you would still buy a fine house in New Zeland for the same money that would buy a shack in dear old Ireland.

2 bed houses in the area I live in seem to be about $450 - $500K. That's about 240K EUR. Is that much of a difference?

When you rent most places are unfurnished and don't even have a fridge or washing machine. Some of the places we've been to look at have been horrifying!

jackiebaron Banned

Degsy said:
All thats missing from this one is a 300lb cellmate

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1015043

Picture 4..the gimp with the camera is visibly stifling laughter.

Is there even so much as a place to put the clothes on your back in this kip? Yes, we have hi-speed internet but you have to balance your laptop on the sink (which is just above the bed cot).

jackiebaron Banned

LisaLee said:

The empty whiskey bottles over the fireplace pretty much says it all. Where's the rope?

3 people have thanked this post
FTGFOP Registered User

watna said:

Post some!

Degsy said:
All thats missing from this one is a 300lb cellmate

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1015043

You'd swear Drumcondra was somewhere in Tokyo, going by that flat.

watna said:
When you rent most places are unfurnished and don't even have a fridge or washing machine. Some of the places we've been to look at have been horrifying!

Fair enough on the fridge and washing machine, but I wouldn't mind if unfurnished places were more common here, the furniture in question is usually awful and/or mismatched.

I'll see if I can get some good ones!

We went to view one where the kitchen was in a basement and consisted of a tiny room with a sink in it and a free standing cooker. There were no cupboards or surfaces. It had a bathroom there too separated from the kitchen by a curtain. It had a toilet and a really stained bath - no sink. There was also a little alcove that they had put a washing machine in to. My OH said afterwards he almost expected there to be someone in a gimp mask tied up. It was horrific - and they were charging $400 a week for it.

/shudders

2 people have thanked this post
Jake1 Registered User

Cybertron85 said:
That is the best place in Ireland to set up a cannabis factory, you could see the cops coming from miles away, they'd be in a feckin boat!

I quite like that one too, I have to admit. Serene comes to mind.

Great minds think alike perfect spot.

jackiebaron Banned

stepbar said:
http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=581130

Realistic price for a glorified Garden Shed I guess........

It was obviously used as a granny flat for an insane relative. Look at the bars inside the fcuking windows and the prison gate.

bonerm Banned

Surprised they haven't tried to sell it as being "part of a vibrant artistic community"

jackiebaron Banned

bonerm said:
Surprised they haven't tried to sell it as being "part of a vibrant artistic community"

It has a certain urban chic about it. Berlin Wall springs to mind, haha.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!