angeldelight Registered User
#1

So recently when we tried to turn on our tumble dryer the trip switch would go. Our landlady arranged for someone who services the to come and have a look and it turned out it wasn't the dryer. When he eventually got the plug out of the socket it was quite badly burned and melted. An electrician is coming to replace the socket but I'm just wondering is it a common thing? It's a double socket and I'm a bit unsure about using the washing machine which is plugged into the other one - would it be dangerous?

Bruthal Registered User
#2

angeldelight said:
So recently when we tried to turn on our tumble dryer the trip switch would go. Our landlady arranged for someone who services the to come and have a look and it turned out it wasn't the dryer. When he eventually got the plug out of the socket it was quite badly burned and melted. An electrician is coming to replace the socket but I'm just wondering is it a common thing? It's a double socket and I'm a bit unsure about using the washing machine which is plugged into the other one - would it be dangerous?


Was it the tumble dryer plug itself which was burned? Anyway replacing both the plug and twin socket will be needed now as the pins in the socket will also be damaged and could of been the cause by not being tight on the plug when it was plugged in.

It would be best to replace the twin socket before using the washing machine also. Check the washing machine plug for any signs of damage also.

westportpoultry Registered User
#3

loose connection in the plug!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!