This is getting all too familar now. Another tractor selling for way below market value. I've contacted Donedeal about 4 or so of these adds so far. They're glad to be told, but I give up at this stage. How do they catch people out? They send on the deposit, I suppose.

This is a 1998 Case 4240. Selling for €4799. I reckon market value is around the €12K to €14K mark.

Attachments
Tractor_Scam_01.jpg

pakalasa said:
This is getting all too familar now. Another tractor selling for way below market value. I've contacted Donedeal about 4 or so of these adds so far. They're glad to be told, but I give up at this stage. How do they catch people out? They send on the deposit, I suppose.

This is a 1998 Case 4240. Selling for €4799. I reckon market value is around the €12K to €14K mark.

There's several fairly new JD's and Valtra's on it at the moment at dirt cheap prices. They say that they are in Tyrone but they have a foreign code on the telephone number. Definitely a scam too.

Agri contractor Registered User

I emailed one of these ads before. I asked was the laughing shaft in good order. I got a promt reply. Perfect working order.

Another definite scam, that machine is retailing at about double the price.
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/1843116

Agri contractor said:
I emailed one of these ads before. I asked was the laughing shaft in good order. I got a promt reply. Perfect working order.

What shape was the wombler grommet? Never buy a tractor with a leaky wombler grommet.

1 person has thanked this post
manta356 Registered User

I see a few of those in Auto Trader as well

vincenzolorenzo Registered User

How are they actually going to scam people though? Usually scam ads look for you to send a deposit to a foreign account or some other clearly dodgy method. This ad just shows a tractor at well below market value?

meathstevie Registered User

johngalway said:
What shape was the wombler grommet? Never buy a tractor with a leaky wombler grommet.

Thought it was the hydraulic shapeshifter splines..

there was a scam running in england before with cars.you land over from ireland and they would agree to meet you in such a place and would say they would sell it cheaper for cash. you turn up and get mugged for the money and the s
*** kicked out of ya

Hard to believe people actually fall for these scams, but as they say in these parts "there's a lumper born every day"

Had to show ye this one;

Attachments
dondeal_scam_2.JPG

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!