forza_milan Registered User

Sorry if this is wrong forum, but could not find better. I have old bed with mattress to dispose, where can I dump them to be meet Irish environmental regulations, etc.? I can see every now and then some people dumping mattress by the local apartment/household bins, and they rot there for ages as binmen do not want to take them away, which is probably fair on their side. So I just wanted to do that properly, any ideas? I googled a bit but I am getting mostly American websites.

Thanks.

sellerbarry Registered User

Bring it to one of these places. They take mattresses etc.

Ballymount Recycling Centre
Dublin 12, Ballymount Lane Ballymount Industrial Estate
Ballyogan Recycling Park
Dublin 18, Ballyogan Rd, Carrickmines, D 18
Coolmine Recycling Centre
Dublin 15, Coolmine Industrial Estate
Estuary Recycling Centre
Swords, Seatown East, Swords, Co Dublin
Ringsend Recycling Centre
Dublin 4, Pigeon House Road, Dublin 4
Shamrock Terrace Recycling Centre
Dublin 3, North Strand Rd, Shamrock Tce, Dublin 3

jack presley Moderator

It must be the norm to just dump it at some convenient spot in your estate because that's what happens around here!

2 people have thanked this post
forza_milan Registered User

Sellerbarry: thanks a mill, that is exactly what I was looking for, website looks familiar, no idea why I did not find it before myself THX

Jack Presley: yeah, it makes me wonder who are those spanners dumping mattresses, christmas trees, etc. into estate bin area, what do these people think, santa claus is going to collect? That's the reason I asked. Thx.

1 person has thanked this post

You could advertise it on adverts.ie , they have a Free section on there

paddyjameson Registered User

The company envirogreen that recycles our cardboard and plastic also recycle mattresses

mattress recycling

first mattress recycling service in ireland launched

Hope this helps

What does it get recycled into?

nimron Registered User

Well froze oxygen have a new recycling centre in ballymount, I was there today, it was a free day and very very busy,it was amazing to see how well it was organised anyways I think most recycling centres charge by the veichle and I find this recycling centre the cheapest, a few euro cheaper than the council, hope that helps

nimron Registered User

Sorry forza not froze

jenortega Registered User

The company envirogreen that recycles our cardboard and plastic also recycle mattresses

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just wanted to say thanks to paddyjameson for his recommendation of envirogreen. I was trying to get rid of an old mattress and I found them very helpful and reasonably priced. Thanks!

eirman Registered User

Envirogreen are no longer accepting mattresses.

2 people have thanked this post
dazmoriarty Registered User

This crowd http://ecomattressrecyclingireland.com/prices/ will take away mattresses for a smallish fee.

1 person has thanked this post
PlamenDon Banned

dazmoriarty said:
This crowd http://ecomattressrecyclingireland.com/prices/ will take away mattresses for a smallish fee.

I think the OP's mattress has bio degraded by now.

4 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!