#31

First Muse album 'Showbiz' is still the best thing they've done in my opinion.

3 people have thanked this post
outandabout Registered User
#32

Speak Slowly by The Stars of Heaven is sometimes underrated.

It was their only full length album after the mini-album Sacred Heart Hotel and an EP Before Hollyhead.

Speak Slowly was panned with some critics saying it was over-produced but it has weathered well and in my opinion is a great album by a great band.

seachto7 Registered User
#33

Soundgarden "Down on the Upside" is pretty good IMO, but doesn't get the love.......

2 people have thanked this post
Dibble Registered User
#34

Blur's second album, Modern Life is Rubbish, is a belter and doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

2 people have thanked this post
loyatemu Registered User
#35

Dibble said:
Blur's second album, Modern Life is Rubbish, is a belter and doesn't get the recognition it deserves.


hardly underrated though - many fans (me included) consider it their best.

"Think Tank" is underrated - after Coxon left it was considered a de-facto Albarn solo album, and it does have a lot in common with the sound he uses on Gorillaz, but its still pretty good. I hated it when it came out but its really grown on me since.

1 person has thanked this post
seachto7 Registered User
#36

+1 on Think Thank. One of the better Blur albums...

quarryman Registered User
#37

+2 on think tank. Awesome-ness. My favorite Blur album actually.

#38

outandabout said:
Speak Slowly by The Stars of Heaven is sometimes underrated.

It was their only full length album after the mini-album Sacred Heart Hotel and an EP Before Hollyhead.

Speak Slowly was panned with some critics saying it was over-produced but it has weathered well and in my opinion is a great album by a great band.


Great band, but all their stuff is under-rated.

ValJester Registered User
#39

Blood And Chocolate, Get Happy- Elvis Costello

Given how much love there is for his first 3 albums and Imperial Bedroom, it always surprises me how this pair are generally overlooked given the material on them is every bit as strong (every track on Get Happy could be a single).

1 person has thanked this post
ricero Registered User
#40

arctic monkeys - humbug
kasabian - empire
oasis - heathen chemistry
rage against the machine - the battle of los angeles
the streets - everything is borrowed

shefellover93 Registered User
#41

Death Cab's Transatlanticism is one of my favourite albums and is often overlooked

#42

Room on Fire by the Strokes is highly underrated. It's got a wonderful keyboardey guitar sound, and is much better than Is This It imo. It irks me when people call the Strokes a fluke or act as if their first album is all they've ever done.

Xtrmntr by Primal Scream is tragically overlooked. There's some amazing stuff on that album, but people refuse to look beyond either Screamadelica or the song "Rocks", if they've heard of Primal Scream at all.

4 people have thanked this post
KeanSeenan Registered User
#43

AhSureTisGrand said:
Room on Fire by the Strokes is highly underrated. It's got a wonderful keyboardey guitar sound, and is much better than Is This It imo. It irks me when people call the Strokes a fluke or act as if their first album is all they've ever done.



I agree, Automatic Stop is one of my favourite Strokes songs.
Plus the guitar tone happened by accident.

#44

KeanSeenan said:
I agree, Automatic Stop is one of my favourite Strokes songs.
Plus the guitar tone happened by accident.


Oh really what happened?

Table Top Joe Registered User
#45

pickarooney said:
Pablo Honey is in my top two Radiohead albums but no many seem to like it.



Im a huge Radiohead fan but i hate that album,lame,indie,schmindie ****e......imho


Except for "Creep".....but then thats not a big favourite of mine either


Nice to see some love for R.E.M's "Up" and "Reveal"! i love both of those albums,the only problem with "Up" i think is the combination of the length of it and the lack of variety,the songs themselves are great,i never listen to it in one go but the vast majority of it has been favourited on my Ipod,maybe all of it come to think of it,"Reveal" got great reviews at the time but only a year or two later it seems to have been seen as a failure,i put it up there with there very best,some albums arent as good as others but i dont think they've ever made a truly bad album,even "Around The Sun" which was a disapointment had some great stuff on it,"Leaving New York","Make It All Ok","The Ascent Of Man","High Speed Train".....thats off the top of my head,a brilliant band who've been around for far too long to be considered cool anymore,a weak R.E.M album will always have some gold on it

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!