HerrScheisse Registered User

1 person has thanked this post

1 person has thanked this post
Little Alex Registered User

HerrScheisse said:
Below a volunteer badge to a helper of the Volkspolizei from 1976.

I think that one's for full-time MdI, not for volunteers.

HerrScheisse! I think you are in fact an MfS operative and probably quite fluent in wooden language.

---

What lighting source are you using? Daylight?

Focal length and with what lens, f-stop, Kelvin temperature, tripod, exposure time? Fill us in!

---

Edit: the badge was also awarded to volunteers, seemingly, along with full-time MdI members.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abzeichen_f%C3%BCr_%E2%80%9EVorbildliche_Arbeit%E2%80%9C_(MdI)

Have you got any "dark collar" era stuff yet, HS? When you get into that there really is no turning back! Just letting you know in advance.

Fuinseog Registered User

Little Alex said:
I think that one's for full-time MdI, not for volunteers.

HerrScheisse! I think you are in fact an MfS operative and probably quite fluent in wooden language.

---

What lighting source are you using? Daylight?

Focal length and with what lens, f-stop, Kelvin temperature, tripod, exposure time? Fill us in!

---

Edit: the badge was also awarded to volunteers, seemingly, along with full-time MdI members.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abzeichen_f%C3%BCr_%E2%80%9EVorbildliche_Arbeit%E2%80%9C_(MdI)

Comments like that will result in more wooden language in response and may advertently result in surveillance, both overt and covert, such that the overt may be supplemented by covert to assess the effect on subject.

About the photos - the most important thing when taking photos is that you are naked. Possibly wearing boots for dramatic effect, and maybe a French beret for the finishing touch.

Thanks for the update - the Urkunde does state that it was a volunteer helper.

Little Alex said:
Have you got any "dark collar" era stuff yet, HS? When you get into that there really is no turning back! Just letting you know in advance.

Not yet, I have been avoiding going there. I started with one random DDR medal less than a year ago and now look what has happened! Buying an NVA uniform and visiting Mielke's office...MfS stuff is like crack to me already and I do not want to escalate the problem any further.

MedalFuhrer Registered User

HerrScheisse said:
Pablo Neruda was the adopted name of a Chilean poet and diplomat. Strongly affected by what he witnessed in the Spanish Civil war, his work and writing became more oriented toward social and political matter.

The DDR issued a commemorative set in his honour, the rear with the text:

Wir schwören fortzusetzen deinen Weg bis zum Sieg des Volkes.

We swear to continue your way to the victory of the people.

Are sure that this isn't Alfred Hitchcock??

3 people have thanked this post

Ha Ha Ha now that is uncanny! Well spotted sir!

Like your Tag Der Arbeit tinnie with Christopher Walken on it!

HerrScheisse said:
I started with one random DDR medal less than a year ago and now look what has happened!

So HerrScheisse, which (East) German dialect have you chosen to go with? Prussian, Platt, Saxon?

My collecting has been very quiet recently, but I'm expecting some very interesting articles next week. Let's see if they materialise!

A good operative should be able to switch between any of them flawlessly

I look forward to seeing your new stuff - unfortunately I have nothing new coming in the near future.

True enough, HerrScheisse. Like the USSR operative from The Fourth Protocol who, we are lead to believe, could even speak English in Irish dialects. Must re-read some Frederick Forsyth books at some stage.

Anyway, my box of goodies arrived. T
here's a lot to get through! I'll post photos in due time.

(Invalid img)

A little collection I came by recently. I'd have liked to have gotten the other awards, but the collection seems to have been split up: I have only the later medals, not the earlier ones.

I'll post about the other collection I came by when the dust settles.

Here is the Patriotic Order of Merit in bronze, a nice heavy piece and one all the high ranking cheeses had hanging on their jackets. It is a national award issued annually, possibly even by "Uncle Junior"

And now for something different, a DDR stamp used for sealing official documentation with candle wax, a method beloved of the officialdom of cold war nations.

Considering it is such a finely crafted piece and in quite good condition, I just had to give it a try

I think I will use it to seal all my letters, it will certainly keep the postman alert!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!