Bsal Registered User

A low confidence suggestion of Cabbage Moth, a dark form
http://www.ukleps.org/Noctuids/2154s.jpg
http://ukmoths.org.uk/show.php?id=4433

Could do with length and a close up of upper side and of head.

Unfortunetly the Starlings in my garden had them for super so I cant get any more pictures. I bet your right though on Cabbage Moth.

Bsal said:
Unfortunetly the Starlings in my garden had them for super so I cant get any more pictures. I bet your right though on Cabbage Moth.

I knew they wouldn't go to waste

Bsal Registered User

I spotted a Fox again today at Dublin airport, the second time in the last 2-3 weeks

bogtreader Registered User

Could be keeping the hare's in check.
We nearly hit a hare on wednesday evening ran out in front of the car

whyulittle Registered User

Opened the front door to make sure my car windows were closed, and there was a large hedgehog sitting on the door step. The cat came when she heard the door open, leapt over it into the house and looked back out at it from inside.

Gave it a few extra cat biscuits and let it be.

No leather or boats involved here.

Bsal Registered User

I was just checking out the sightings on irishbirding website and noticed alot of Brent Goose reports. They seem to be on there way here very early this year. The weather in there breeding grounds must be confusing them. Either its alot warmer or colder than normal up there.

I went for a walk around Boora after sunset this evening, and nearly had my head taken off me! I think it was a Sparrowhawk, lined up my head and was coming straight towards it before bailing out about a foot away from it!

2 people have thanked this post
trebor28 Registered User

whyulittle said:
I went for a walk around Boora after sunset this evening, and nearly had my head taken off me! I think it was a Sparrowhawk, lined up my head and was coming straight towards it before bailing out about a foot away from it!

do you coo and walk like a pigeon??

Don't know what was going on, but it was weird. Was walking along, looking around me and saw the bird on my left. It circled a small bit and then literally made a dash for my head.

KJ Registered User

Bsal said:
I spotted a Fox again today at Dublin airport, the second time in the last 2-3 weeks

Twice in the last two weeks, I have seen a fox down near the O2 at the docks.

Half-cocked Registered User

3 Hedgehogs in my garden last night, 2 juveniles and a big adult acting like one happy family. They must be getting close to hibernating. The juveniles seemed healthy and well fed.

3 people have thanked this post

Yesterday evening I discovered the 2 juvenile hedgehogs fast asleep in a hedgehog house I built a few years ago and had given up on. They have dragged an enormous amount of bedding into it so possibly will hibernate there.

4 people have thanked this post
tororosso Registered User

Half-cocked said:
Yesterday evening I discovered the 2 juvenile hedgehogs fast asleep in a hedgehog house I built a few years ago and had given up on. They have dragged an enormous amount of bedding into it so possibly will hibernate there.

Any photos of the house?!

tororosso said:
Any photos of the house?!

I used to have a little IR camera set up inside but it packed in a while back. I'll take a shot of the exterior when I get a chance.

1 person has thanked this post

Here's a pic of the box, I have a small IR camera set up covering the entrance, so hopefully I can get some video of the hogs coming and going.

(Invalid img)

4 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!