pixelburp Moderator

funky penguin said:
Maybe we should wait for the whole game before passing judgement.

Isn't that the whole point of a demo though - to give players a chance to judge the game before deciding whether to purchase? Seems a fair opportunity to me.

2 people have thanked this post

Very true! It isn't a black and white issue I suppose. I think I was mainly referring to the story of ME3 (which in my opinion is the franchise's strongest aspect....or should be). Should have been clear on that!

The demo cannot give a rounded view of the game's plot as they are two completely separate scenes take out of context. I'd imagine Bioware wouldn't want to give too much story away too. Maybe they could have given a small shock surprise in the demo, but I'm not sure how I'd like that..... :/

Zero-Cool Wanted Level

Yeah, it just wants to give a taste of what decisions will be like, either Ash or Kaiden will show up. Either way, they just wanted to show off the action of the game. I cannot wait to play this and travel the universe looking for backup. I'd say there are gonna be a lot of hard decisions to make.

Anyone else start laughing when the cliched

Spoiler (Show)

Liamario Registered User

sheehy83 said:
Anyone else start laughing when the cliched
Spoiler (Show)

NO!

But then again, you're from Limerick

Zero-Cool Wanted Level

Jaysus Liam that was harsh

Liamario Registered User

sheehy83 said:
Jaysus Liam that was harsh

I blame my upbringing

Zero-Cool Wanted Level

Not that I condone

Spoiler (Show)
but my malesehp had the emotions of a cardboard box when it happened and it was suppose to be this epic set piece that that made you care about humanity and want to save it. Sheps only mission should be to get under Tali's mask again!

Yes, I lost because I laughed....a lot. I think it's because I wasn't expecting it.

Liamario Registered User

That's the thing Sheehy....
you see Shepherd as some sort of intergalatic gigolo who saves the universe when he's taking a break from clunge plunging.
I see him as some sort of intergalatic hero who plunges clunge while taking a break from saving the universe.

Zero-Cool Wanted Level

Liamario said:
clunge plunging.

OOOOHHHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

2 people have thanked this post
Liamario Registered User

sheehy83 said:
OOOOHHHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

3 people have thanked this post
Zero-Cool Wanted Level

HAHAHA thats brilliant! I was actually gonna change Sheps appearance for ME3 but think I will keep it now for those 2 pics alone.

1 person has thanked this post

My hat goes off to Bioware for all their hard work. I didn't think it was even remotely possible to make a mass invasion of Earth by a near infinite swarm of sentient machines to feel bland and not even a little bit threatening, but by gum they managed to find a way.

Mechanically it felt decent enough, no great changes. The omni-tool knife stab is clunky. At least on the XBox, shepherd seems to suffer from crippling indecision over whether pushing A means "stop hiding behind a wall" or "DO A BARREL ROLL", leading to a few stupid deaths. Couple of nice additions to the enemy armoury. Riot shields and engineers dropping murderously efficient turrets and proper grenades and such. Makes for some hairy gunfights, where quite frankly pausing the action to issue commands is going to be necessary, so screw the Kinect.

It was nice to see a little more depth to the upgrade system. Botox seems to be standard Alliance Marine upgrade fare, Ashley looked like a hooker. And Jesus, that thing

Spoiler (Show)
was the lamest attempt at emotional manipulation I've ever seen.

It looks like it'll be fairly good action wise, but the writing and dialogue and the pacing of the opening has left me luke-warm.

Zero-Cool Wanted Level

Just read an interesting thread on official forums and I was thinking the exact same when playing the demo. When Shep is in the

Spoiler (Show)
Anyway, just something I noticed, I would go as far as they are on the official forums 'ZOMG I just cancelled my preorder!!!!'

Mr Freeze Registered User

sheehy83 said:
ZOMG I just cancelled my preorder!!!!'

Is that happening on the ME3 forums?
Have you a link to that, till I have a read for the craic....

On another note, there is a massive difference between the Reapers in ME3 compared to the Reaper in ME1. Sovereign was supposed to be super intelligent and far superior to any biological being, so that's where I got my impression of the Reapers.

From the ME3 demo, they seem nothing more than a bunch of metal King Kongs with Lasers. I thought a super intelligent being would eradicate earth by some other means, instead of just trampling it.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!