whittler Registered User

does anyone have any idea what, if any, changes there are to the payment schedule for xmas?

danjo-xx Registered User

yup........ there will be none courtesy of the IMF

irishkitkat Registered User

I know what you mean, are we getting paid a week early for Christmas, ie the week before Christmas do we get paid double or because Christmas falls on the Sat do we just get paid on our normal dates.

Am I correct in saying thats what you are asking?

irishkitkat Registered User

I know that all the above parties and charities are trying to persuade the Government to reinstate the Christmas Bonus, but frankly we all know that is not going to happen.

Why? Because the Government does not care

Spudz76 Registered User

If anyone would like to thank the TD in charge of screwing up people on disabilities and pensions Christmas again this year then send a nice little xmas note to : info@eamonocuiv.ie

jimmyging Registered User

I know what you mean, are we getting paid a week early for Christmas, ie the week before Christmas do we get paid double or because Christmas falls on the Sat do we just get paid on our normal date

"Getting paid" means you actually work for a wage ...

ziedth Moderator

Really?

I've been paying tax since I left college and unlucky enough to find myself in the situation where I'm picking up contract work and welfare.

Not everything is black and white my friend.

Edit: and on another note I hope that if your ever unlucky enough to be in a similar situation you don't come across somesome quite as judgemental and condescending

14 people have thanked this post
dekavo Registered User

irishkitkat said:
I know what you mean, are we getting paid a week early for Christmas, ie the week before Christmas do we get paid double or because Christmas falls on the Sat do we just get paid on our normal date

some ppl have all the nerve looking down ter noses at ppl on social. neither my husband r I want it this way. we r both funeral director by trade but unfortunitly wit the way things hav been the past couple of yrs we r left wit quilfications tat r no longer any use 2 us.. so wat r we 2 do...i knw we'l get re-educated wit another quilification which wil expire 2...an the price of education 2day its impossible..(free education my foot).. wit the way the ppl get treated in this country nobody stands up an wit the few tat do wer rong 4 doin so..we both worked hard 4 yrs 4 the money we now get an tey take tat away an wats more sickening is we hav 4 babies an its the food out of ter mouth tat ter taken ter warmth even ter home.. so dont sit ter an say gettin paid means you actually work 4 a wage..if tats the case the TD is workin an gettin paid our wage 2 give himself a wage...

jimmyging said:

some ppl have all the nerve looking down ter noses at ppl on social. neither my husband r I want it this way. we r both funeral director by trade but unfortunitly wit the way things hav been the past couple of yrs we r left wit quilfications tat r no longer any use 2 us.. so wat r we 2 do...i knw we'l get re-educated wit another quilification which wil expire 2...an the price of education 2day its impossible..(free education my foot).. wit the way the ppl get treated in this country nobody stands up an wit the few tat do wer rong 4 doin so..we both worked hard 4 yrs 4 the money we now get an tey take tat away an wats more sickening is we hav 4 babies an its the food out of ter mouth tat ter taken ter warmth even ter home.. so dont sit ter an say gettin paid means you actually work 4 a wage..if tats the case the TD is workin an gettin paid our wage 2 give himself a wage...

would you mind spelling properly so as not to give us a headache?

also to comply with the charter

Mint Sauce Registered User

In answer to your question OP I would imagine that unless you collect your payments on a monday or tuesday, then it collect them as normal. These are the only week days over xmas and new year that are public holidays.

Best to ask would probably be your local post office (assuming this is where you collect your payment) or your local social welfare office.

1 person has thanked this post
fitzeyboy. Registered User

jimmyging said:

My eyes, the goggles they do nothing

irishkitkat said:

You sir..havent a clue..have you??

EDIT..Thats at jimmyging by the way!

ziedth Moderator

I get PAID!!!!!!!.......

On a Friday and I have a double week on the 17th so no collection on Xmas eve. New year is as normal. L

Sully Moderator

Mod Note::

Jesus almighty what a train wreck.

Stop correcting each others spelling and pointing out flaws in such.
On the flip side of the coin, the forum charter asks people not to type in txt spk so plz I ask you all to type normally.

Topic Cleaned

AdMMM Registered User

I know that the GPO has a notice in their front door notifying people of the Christmas schedule of payments. I didn't read it, but it did catch my eye.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!