o1s1n Registered User
#2,131

Well here's a crazy rare Snes PAL release. Zelda: ALTTP big box version. Only a few known to exist. Expect it to end for big money

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260976011677

1 person has thanked this post
#2,132

o1s1n said:
Well here's a crazy rare Snes PAL release. Zelda: ALTTP big box version. Only a few known to exist. Expect it to end for big money

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260976011677

Wow, never even heard of that before

o1s1n Registered User
#2,133

Same here! Looks lovely doesnt it?

I see he has it in one of those VGA boxes which you can actually remove the bottom to take the game out. More display cases than 'forever seal up your game until the end of time, never to be played again' cases.

I wouldn't mind getting some of them to put stuff on display. Would say they're pretty expensive though.

#2,134

o1s1n said:
Same here! Looks lovely doesnt it?

I see he has it in one of those VGA boxes which you can actually remove the bottom to take the game out. More display cases than 'forever seal up your game until the end of time, never to be played again' cases.

I wouldn't mind getting some of them to put stuff on display. Would say they're pretty expensive though.

Yeah it looks the business

He got that case made by the VGA guys, which I'd say because its them was expensive to say the least

OwaynOTT Registered User
#2,135

Im going to bid on it! I've a thing for big boxes.

o1s1n Registered User
#2,136

OwaynOTT said:

You saw this, right?!?!

Current bid:GBP 750.00

Or maybe my sarcasm detector is broken

Optimus Prime Roll Out...
#2,137

OwaynOTT said:

dURRTTTtttyy...

2 people have thanked this post
Steve X2 Moderator
#2,138

Do they have any kind of UV protection on the VGA cases? Or is it just plain acrylic?

#2,139

Steve SI said:
Do they have any kind of UV protection on the VGA cases? Or is it just plain acrylic?

We should buy one & send it off to UVA to be graded

OwaynOTT Registered User
#2,140

o1s1n said:
You saw this, right?!?!

Current bid:GBP 750.00

Or maybe my sarcasm detector is broken

It is indeed. We need to bring an NSDT system as the lack of regulation on them at the moment is causes havoc on internet forums all across Ireland. That bloody government.*

*shakes fist.

Steve X2 Moderator
#2,141

EnterNow said:

I'm wondering is it worthwhile to send one my Darius Alpha's off to them.
Or is it all this VGA stuff just bull$hit?

More research required me thinks.

#2,142

Steve SI said:

They're a self appointed group who encase rare games in acrylic cases for a fee. Then some muppets on ebay advertise them & it drives the prices of games artificially high. Nonsense if I ever seen it.

1 person has thanked this post
Steve X2 Moderator
#2,143

EnterNow said:
They're a self appointed group who encase rare games in acrylic cases for a fee. Then some muppets on ebay advertise them & it drives the prices of games artificially high. Nonsense if I ever seen it.

We should create our own version for Ireland. We could call it the Irish Retrograding Association, or I.R.A for short.

Ohh wait a second....

6 people have thanked this post
o1s1n Registered User
#2,144

Steve SI said:

The sad thing is that it DOES seem to increase the game's value. Whether that's warranted or a load of ****e is up to you to decide - but if you want to sell on a particularly rare and expensive game then it definitely wouldn't hurt.

I suppose the best thing to do is to see how much their fee is and then judge if the increased value is more than that.

#2,145

EnterNow said:

I'll grade it for you.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!