gan23 Registered User

Hi can anybody advise of a reputable dealer of krugerrands or silver coins in dublin. Or else gold/ silver bullion.
I beleieve there was a place on fitzwilliam square in dublin but i cant get hold of anyone there.

Thanks

gan23 said:
Hi can anybody advise of a reputable dealer of krugerrands or silver coins in dublin. Or else gold/ silver bullion.
I beleieve there was a place on fitzwilliam square in dublin but i cant get hold of anyone there.

Thanks

google goldcore and ask for daniel stokes when you ring the number

1 person has thanked this post
ravima Registered User

Don't forget that if you are taking PHYSICAL delivery of the silver, then you must pay VAT on your purchase.

Have a look at www.bullionvault.com

When they hold the metal in the vault, there si no VAT payable. Also, some people, deemed paranoid by some, feel that if you are to hold precious metals, they should be held outside your normal country of residence, lest your government confiscate if they run into fiscal problems (quite unlike Ireland!!)

digme Banned

gan23 said:

Thanks

Fly to Germany as they're vat is way less. 7% I believe.I wouldn't touch paper silver as it's nothing more than fiat.

dunkamania Registered User

Am I understanding you correctly, your saying, silver backed paper is a fiat currency?????

LuckyG Registered User
ravima Registered User

Coinsinvestdirect DO charge VAT on silver. Their price for 1kg silver inc VAT is €894 and ex VAT is €751.

Bullionvault price for 1KG is €700

Jim2007 Registered User

digme said:
Fly to Germany as they're vat is way less. 7% I believe.I wouldn't touch paper silver as it's nothing more than fiat.

Fly to Zurich - Go to Bahnhofstrasse 45, enter by the main door, turn to right and enter a small room with lots of gold coins & bars on display - Buy as much as you wish, no VAT, and identity required!

Jim (Switzerland)

PS - You can also place it in a deposit box there as well, if you wish....

gan23 Registered User

ravima said:
Coinsinvestdirect DO charge VAT on silver. Their price for 1kg silver inc VAT is €894 and ex VAT is €751.

Bullionvault price for 1KG is €700

Ravima,
Have you bought from bullionvault before? Im quite nervous about buying over the net. Especially if its a large amount which is to be delivered to my home.

ravima Registered User

I have.

You do not get physical delivery from bullionvault, it stays in their vault. Yo ucan sell whenever you want and the money is sent to your bank. That is the bank from where you sent the initial deposit.

Cavehill Red Registered User

I also use bullionvault. They're good, but remember you're trading within a (semi-)closed market and the costs on taking personal delivery are prohibitive and restricted to very large amounts of bullion only.
There are also storage charges, though they are reasonable.
I would advise anyone considering signing up to bullionvault to simply go to www.bullionvault.com and not via the previous poster's link, which is designed to ensure that they receive a referral bonus on all your trades.

(FULL disclosure next time, Ravima, there's a good chap.)

dudara Administrator

@ravima - This is the second time you've posted a referral link here on Boards. Please do not do so again.

dudara

digme Banned

dunkamania said:
Am I understanding you correctly, your saying, silver backed paper is a fiat currency?????

I'm saying there's nothing backing the paper.

http://etfdailynews.com/blog/2010/11/24/will-buying-silver-crash-jp-morgan-slv-sivr-agq-dbs-zsl-usv-sil/

digme Banned

Jim2007 said:
Fly to Zurich - Go to Bahnhofstrasse 45, enter by the main door, turn to right and enter a small room with lots of gold coins & bars on display - Buy as much as you wish, no VAT, and identity required!

Jim (Switzerland)

PS - You can also place it in a deposit box there as well, if you wish....

I'll definitely be looking into this. Thanks very much.

meglome Registered User

Try http://www.johnweldonauctioneers.com/ they often have them up for auction. Based in Dublin, nice people too.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!