paddyismaddy Registered User

i have to say this guy is the best thing in wwe presently he has brillant gimmick, great on the mic and can work well also in the ring

his debut has been the best in a long time and i hope he will get world title reign soon

i love his feud with rey which might continue or if not a feud with edge or taker would also be good

7 people have thanked this post

Best thing on WWE TV right now and a nailed on future World Champ. He has the lot. He should win KOTR to start.

4 people have thanked this post
bradlente Registered User

flahavaj said:
Best thing on WWE TV right now and a nailed on future World Champ. He has the lot. He should win KOTR to start.

KOTR's back?Class

gimmick Registered User

^ Its a Raw special on Monday next.

I like Del Rio. Has the entire package. I was really annoyed that they gave away the first match with Rey on SD though. Had all the elements needed for a great PPV match.

Lord TSC Moderator

Don't know if I'd say he's the "best" thing right now but he certainly has all the potential in the world to become a heavyweight champion in the next year.

1 person has thanked this post
2nd Row Donkey Registered User

Saw him in a match at the 02 last March (I think) and thought he was awesome in the ring (no mic work that night). Very intense performer.

Has to be a KOTR finalist at the least.

JP Liz V1 Registered User

Since Punk left SD he has been the best heel and mic worker there is

A KOTR final with Bryan would be great

Loughc Moderator

JP Liz V1 said:
Since Punk left SD he has been the best heel and mic worker there is

A KOTR final with Bryan would be great

Oh that it would! And given a decent amount of time it could be an epic match and could show just how good Del Rio is in the ring!

Furious-Red Moderator

Yea must say Del Rio is brilliant , He got so much heat so quickly when he arrived which is hard to do these days. I think wwe are playing on pushing him as a massive heel for ages and then turn him face to take over after Rey leaves for the hispanic sector.

Rjd2 Registered User

Furious-Red said:
Yea must say Del Rio is brilliant , He got so much heat so quickly when he arrived which is hard to do these days. I think wwe are playing on pushing him as a massive heel for ages and then turn him face to take over after Rey leaves for the hispanic sector.

If they have any sense won't they just throw a ton of money at Mistico and hope he can fill the Rey void?

Del Rio is awesome though, one of the few reasons to watch SD these days.

I love it when he refers to Rey as a little chihuahua.

irish_stevo815 Registered User

LZ5by5 said:
I love it when he refers to Rey as a little chihuahua.

You mean this :

6 people have thanked this post
jaykhunter Moderator

Del Rio is great. His gimmick is great, he looks the part, holds himself like a champion, and is being booked very well. All the attributes of a future world champion.

As Christian pointed out, he's the "mexican JBL" aka "Juan Bradshaw Layfield"

I haven't seen him wrestle in-ring enough to say just how good he is, but having not heard one bit of backlash he must be at least good.

1 person has thanked this post
starviewadams Registered User

He's very similar to MVP when he first debuted in a lot of ways imo:good gimmick,decent in the ring,great talker and is very over as an arrogant heel.

Hopefully WWE dont find a way to botch him as badly as they've botched MVP.

jaykhunter Moderator

starviewadams said:
Hopefully WWE dont find a way to botch him as badly as they've botched MVP.

As long as he doesn't make a crack at the dr administering the wellness policy test he should be ok

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!