Was turned on at exactly 4 pm.

22 people have thanked this post
tlaavtech Registered User

The attachment shows the effect on the bandwidth availible. Needs looking at

ShaneOC Registered User

On here too - was showing up under RTÉ NL but a rescan now has it on 3e.

HD Test channel back on too.

The Cush Registered User

tlaavtech said:
The attachment shows the effect on the bandwidth availible. Needs looking at

It's only a trial service at the moment and subject to change. This from the recent Dept of Comms Saorview content consultation.

The sample mux information from RTÉ indicates the HD Mux will use approx 6.00 Mbps, at the moment it's using almost 7.5 Mbps (wow factor during the trial at a guess) and the others will use approx 2.00 Mbps.

3e was also included.

(Courtesy Apogee)

(Courtesy tlaavtech)

watty Registered User

Yes, I have TV3e, but all the RTE Digital Radio apart from RTE Pulse are gone. Only 13 Channels. However this is a nearly 9 year old laptop. I'll recheck on "proper computer" later!

VBR is very variable "Good" HD can vary from 0.5Mbps to 10Mbps even if average is 6Mbps. A good Stat mux helps

1 person has thanked this post
Pangea Registered User

Just seen it myself, a nice suprise ,I thought you had to pay to get this channel everywhere else?
Nice one.

Blink182rock Registered User

so what does this mean then ??

Newtown90 Registered User

It means its free on dtt!! Well so far its just a trial but how bad

do we have to tune that in then ?

watty said:
Yes, I have TV3e, but all the RTE Digital Radio apart from RTE Pulse are gone. Only 13 Channels. However this is a nearly 9 year old laptop. I'll recheck on "proper computer" later!

VBR is very variable "Good" HD can vary from 0.5Mbps to 10Mbps even if average is 6Mbps. A good Stat mux helps

Rescanned. All 17 services there still. Surprised to see 3e so early. How many would desert the pay TV platforms now if you told them ALL the Irish channels were now on DTT, plus a Freesat box would look after your UK channels need.

EDIT: noticed its not autoswitching to the correct aspect ratio. FYI, normally 4:3, is stretched widescreen. Seems to be the opposite of 3e on Sky, where everything goes to 4:3 regardless of content.

How do you scan for the channels ?

pa990 Registered User

just spotted 3e now.

nice to have it, even though i never watched it before.

roll on mux2

watty Registered User

Yep. all there on DVBprog, it's only the free version on laptop, so only shows EPG.

1 person has thanked this post

Blink182rock said:
How do you scan for the channels ?

That depends on what you are using to receive DTT.

Elmo Registered User

Blink182rock said:
do we have to tune that in then ?

No just appeared.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!