panama Banned
#1

Hi

I'm driving to Dublin from Kildare for the Gorillaz gig in the 02 tonight.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get parking nearby?

I believe there is some at the venue but I expect that will be expensive
and will be very busy getting in and out of.

thanks

lynchie Registered User
#2

panama said:
Hi

I'm driving to Dublin from Kildare for the Gorillaz gig in the 02 tonight.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get parking nearby?

I believe there is some at the venue but I expect that will be expensive
and will be very busy getting in and out of.

thanks


Park at the Red Cow and get the Luas all the way to the O2?

panama Banned
#3

lynchie said:
Park at the Red Cow and get the Luas all the way to the O2?


Thanks for the reply, never used the Luas before, how often do they go and would they run late after the gig to get back there on it?

How much is the park & ride? thanks

thundercatho Registered User
#4

There is parking at the NCI in the IFSC but there is also free roadside parking on the quays if you are early enough and lucky... There is alo a priavet company that does it for I think €10 right beside 02. If you drive towards the 02 from the city centre you camt miss it..

1 person has thanked this post
KD345 Registered User
#5

panama said:
Thanks for the reply, never used the Luas before, how often do they go and would they run late after the gig to get back there on it?

How much is the park & ride? thanks


Here are the details for Luas park & ride for Red Cow. I think it costs 4 euro.

http://www.luas.ie/red-cow-car-park.html

The return ticket fare for Red Cow to The Point is 4.30. The trams run every 10-15 minutes. There are often extra trams added to facilitate concert crowds.

panama Banned
#6

KD345 said:
Here are the details for Luas park & ride for Red Cow. I think it costs 4 euro.

http://www.luas.ie/red-cow-car-park.html

The return ticket fare for Red Cow to The Point is 4.30. The trams run every 10-15 minutes. There are often extra trams added to facilitate concert crowds.



Nice one mate cheers.

Losty Dublin Registered User
#7

thundercatho said:
There is parking at the NCI in the IFSC but there is also free roadside parking on the quays if you are early enough and lucky... There is alo a priavet company that does it for I think €10 right beside 02. If you drive towards the 02 from the city centre you camt miss it..


The quays often do be chock a block and packed out in the evenings so they'd be a risk. If you were willing to walk a little park in Connolly Station, it's only a few bob if anything at night.

#8

The o2 has a car park underneath the gibson hotel, €10 for the evening.

sdanseo Registered User
#9

Drive, quicker than the Luas and with the weather tonight you will not regret it.

Plently of on-street parking on Sherrif Street, Wapping Street, Castleforbes Road (google maps is your friend) - I work there the odd day and park outside no problem. Free after 7pm.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!