antomorro-sei Registered User
#31

Whats the financial situation like at Rovers!?

I'd be shocked if Kenna signed on anything less than 1k a week. Could be wrong tho...

super_furry Registered User
#32

What are his options really? They're not clamouring for him across the water and the days of players being able to dictate their terms to clubs here is long gone. If Kenna goes to Rovers looking for 1k a week, and they say you can have €600, what else can he do?

antomorro-sei Registered User
#33

super_furry said:
What are his options really? They're not clamouring for him across the water and the days of players being able to dictate their terms to clubs here is long gone. If Kenna goes to Rovers looking for 1k a week, and they say you can have €600, what else can he do?


Stay at Pats

monkey9 Registered User
#34

It would sicken me to see any of the Pat's players sign for Shams, just sicken me. Especially Kenna, the best centre back in the league, imo. Classy player!

#35

monkey9 said:
Especially Kenna, the best centre back in the league, imo. Classy player!


Like Maguire?

I'd take Kilduff back in a heartbeat and he left us for understandable reasons and on good terms.

monkey9 Registered User
#36

stovelid said:
Like Maguire?

I'd take Kilduff back in a heartbeat and he left us for understandable reasons and on good terms.


Kilduff off UCD???

The Volt Registered User
#37

monkey9 said:
Kilduff off UCD???

No this fella

3 people have thanked this post
#38

Not a transfer rumour but there was a meeting of clubs on the 18th where a 16-team premier division and return to winter football were discussed.

Supposedly the majority were in favour of both although there was no official vote. I'd be for the 16 team premier but i think a return to winter football would be a ridiculous decision.

dreamers75 Registered User
#39

pablomakaveli said:
Not a transfer rumour but there was a meeting of clubs on the 18th where a 16-team premier division and return to winter football were discussed.

Supposedly the majority were in favour of both although there was no official vote. I'd be for the 16 team premier but i think a return to winter football would be a ridiculous decision.


I would be for it, and please dont give us that euro ****e. That happened cos our players were full time/Euro Bonuses nowt to do with Summer Soccer.

#40

dreamers75 said:
I would be for it, and please dont give us that euro ****e. That happened cos our players were full time/Euro Bonuses nowt to do with Summer Soccer.


If we had winter soccer last year think of the number of games that would have been cancelled.

Also at least with summer soccer we have a couple of months where the league isnt competing with the football across the water.

Theres more benefits to summer soccer than just the european matches.

In any case any decision for changes rest with the FAI.

2 people have thanked this post
super_furry Registered User
#41

Winter football would be a massive, massive backwards step for the league. Who the hell wants to stand on a cold, wet, delapadated and crumbling terrace in the middle of January?

BOHtox Registered User
#42

Voltwad said:
Also heard the possibility of Shelley to Rovers. Wouldn't mind that but don't want Brennan anywhere near our team.


AFAIK both have a year left on their contract.

dfx- Moderator
#43

pablomakaveli said:
If we had winter soccer last year think of the number of games that would have been cancelled.


Or any Winter, there would be no-hopers

Tallaght (Frozen Pitch)
Ballybofey (Too cloudy)
Galway (Waterlogged)
Showgrounds (Waterlogged)
Longford (Waterlogged)

Harps might as well pull out of the league once and for all with Winter Football, there'd never play a game at home.

1 person has thanked this post
monkey9 Registered User
#44

BOHtox said:
AFAIK both have a year left on their contract.


Have all Bohs players not been told they can go??

BOHtox Registered User
#45

monkey9 said:
Have all Bohs players not been told they can go??


Not all players. Some players have the option of another year on their contract. Bohs have said to them to leave and for those who have their contract up in the winter. They have been told it won't be renewed.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!