liammccarthy Registered User
#1

hi has anyone had any dealings with satellitetv .ie? or preferably <snip>. my experience began august 26th when he installed a motorised system for me. the reciever used was a tm800hd which i had previously told him on the phone I didnt think was fully working. anyway it was installed ok no problem there, I got no information from him about the reciever or if something went wrong or how to rectify it .he just told me that in a couple of months i would learn a lot more as i go, that i would only understand about 10% of what he told me. anyway after trying to update the reciever I lost everything no satellites, no picture, no dish moving, I have nothing , nothing since september 5th, after phoning him numerous times i have been promised he will call.The last time he was contacted was october 2nd and i was promised the week ending the 23rd october, guess what no show .I paid good money for this system i would expect some customer service as is the norm for most companies but maybe not for satellitetv.ie .So thats it sorry about such a long note but thats my experience of <snip> and satellitetv.ie . I would not recommend him I have learnt a lesson about motorised systems

carbsy Registered User
#2

liammccarthy said:
hi has anyone had any dealings with satellitetv .ie? or preferably <snip>. my experience began august 26th when he installed a motorised system for me. the reciever used was a tm800hd which i had previously told him on the phone I didnt think was fully working. anyway it was installed ok no problem there, I got no information from him about the reciever or if something went wrong or how to rectify it .he just told me that in a couple of months i would learn a lot more as i go, that i would only understand about 10% of what he told me. anyway after trying to update the reciever I lost everything no satellites, no picture, no dish moving, I have nothing , nothing since september 5th, after phoning him numerous times i have been promised he will call.The last time he was contacted was october 2nd and i was promised the week ending the 23rd october, guess what no show .I paid good money for this system i would expect some customer service as is the norm for most companies but maybe not for satellitetv.ie .So thats it sorry about such a long note but thats my experience of <snip> and satellitetv.ie . I would not recommend him I have learnt a lesson about motorised systems


Let me get this straight.You supplied your own receiver and you mucked it up and you expect <snip> to fix it?

1 person has thanked this post
pelisor2000 Banned
#3

if you update the receiver and lost all the data is not is fault...

1 person has thanked this post
recyclebin Registered User
#4

Did you buy the box off satellitetv aswell? Updates normally wipe your settings so it may be just a matter of setting the box up again!

We need to hear the full story before we can comment.

Having said that I bought a vu+ duo off him and the scart socket wasn't working. <snip> wasn't too helpful so I got help from a vu+ forum. I changed the original image on the box with the VTI image and the scart worked fine.

fish fingers Registered User
#5

They are a bit awkward to get going, are you ever up around Galway? Iv set up one for my cousin, I could set up your one for you.
Have a look here for help http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/tm800hd.html

Headshot Registered User
#6

From my experience Satellite installers hate motorised dishes because the know the customer will expect them to fix the dish when ever its faulty or somthing and they wont get paid for it.

#7

Headshot said:
From my experience Satellite installers hate motorised dishes because the know the customer will expect them to fix the dish when ever its faulty or somthing and they wont get paid for it.

its not too much to ask a satellite installer to be able to fix what hes selling/fitting is it?
if the satellite installer did not provide the dish then he should either not have fitted it for him,or if he agreed to fit the system he should have made sure all the components he was fitting were working properly.
its not good enough to take payment for providing a service and then not explaining how to use the system you have just installed.

liammccarthy Registered User
#8

carbsy said:
Let me get this straight.You supplied your own receiver and you mucked it up and you expect <snip> to fix it?

he supplied reciever

#9

i rang him a few months back as i seen one of the motorised systems on hes website,i was thinking about buying one.i asked him a few questions the last one being could he send me a channel list of the channels i would get.he couldnt provide one or tell me any channels that would be on it.i didnt buy one.glad now.

Galway Registered User
#10

In my experience the company and installer referred to was the ONLY one in 3, I have had in that was able to properly set up a motorised system, which I have had for over 18 months now. I know quite a bit about satellite tv, I can install, and have installed fixed dish systems but do not have the expertise to attempt a motorised setup. When my motorand dish needed adjustment due to very strong winds, this was done for no extra charge. What has been recounted here is very uncharacteristic of this installer but also it is unfair to name explicitly the individual in a post. In my experience the installer in question always tells it how it is, but does not suffer fools gladly. If you have updated your receiver and lost all the settings, it means there is more than likely nothing wrong with the set up of the hardware, i.e. the motor and the dish. You need to use the USALS option, select a satellite and active transponder and the USALS sofware should re calculate the position of the other satellites on the arc. If you have a receiver handbook, it might be worth reading it.

I can only recommend him highly from my dealings.

carbsy Registered User
#11

liammccarthy said:
he supplied reciever


ok... and it was working when the installer left.The only reason it's not working now is down to yourself.Motorised systems are not for the novice user tbh and it's unfair to hold the installer responsible as it sounds like he did his job correctly.

I'd suggest you read up more on the matter and try and fix it yourself.

fish fingers Registered User
#12

Liam, I can try and help you here, or in the link i provided. I have experience with one of these recievers as i said. I also have a motorised dish . My username is Hooley in the other site. Let me know sure.

liammccarthy Registered User
#13

carbsy said:
ok... and it was working when the installer left.The only reason it's not working now is down to yourself.Motorised systems are not for the novice user tbh and it's unfair to hold the installer responsible as it sounds like he did his job correctly.

I'd suggest you read up more on the matter and try and fix it yourself.


i am reading up as much as i can . i was left with a reciever as far as i know was not fully working all i was looking was for some after sales support or help.

liammccarthy Registered User
#14

fish fingers said:
Liam, I can try and help you here, or in the link i provided. I have experience with one of these recievers as i said. I also have a motorised dish . My username is Hooley in the other site. Let me know sure.


hi can you help? send me a pm please

#15

carbsy said:
ok... and it was working when the installer left.The only reason it's not working now is down to yourself.Motorised systems are not for the novice user tbh and it's unfair to hold the installer responsible as it sounds like he did his job correctly.

I'd suggest you read up more on the matter and try and fix it yourself.

should <snip> not have explained how to use it before he took hes money?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!