noodler Registered User

Looks terribly miscast too me.

Scrawny teenager?

Maybe if he bulks up or somthing but I can not see it for the life of me.

alexindublin Registered User

I've started a mini fan-site for Blood & Chrome that will be part of my BSG site but i don't have alot of time to search for info for it. If anyone comes across any info or news about Blood & Chrome could you let me know.Or even if someone is interested in writing on any of the 3 sites (Battlestar Galactica, Caprica & Blood & Chrome give me a shout. Blood & Chrome is here http://bloodandchrome.battlestargalactica.tv/ and there's links to the others.

Thanks a mill.

1 person has thanked this post
noodler Registered User

alexindublin said:
I've started a mini fan-site for Blood & Chrome that will be part of my BSG site but i don't have alot of time to search for info for it. If anyone comes across any info or news about Blood & Chrome could you let me know.Or even if someone is interested in writing on any of the 3 sites (Battlestar Galactica, Caprica & Blood & Chrome give me a shout. Blood & Chrome is here http://bloodandchrome.battlestargalactica.tv/ and there's links to the others.

Thanks a mill.

More than a few errors.

You have the actor who is playing Adama wrong for start

Goodshape Registered User

Ronald D Moore's Wikipedia page states that he was originally asked to develop Blood and Chrome as a series of webisodes to run alongside Caprica ... but after Caprica's cancellation it was decided to turn the idea into a full series -- without any direct involvement from Moore.

Ehm, would like to know more about what went on there tbh. For one thing, I loved Caprica and was very sad to see it cut short. Always had the impression that RDM was the heart and soul of the new BSG universe... and hearing this news compounds my fears that Blood And Chrome is cashing in on the brand and little else.

Pity.

Dr. Baltar Registered User

Goodshape said:
Ronald D Moore's Wikipedia page states that he was originally asked to develop Blood and Chrome as a series of webisodes to run alongside Caprica ... but after Caprica's cancellation it was decided to turn the idea into a full series -- without any direct involvement from Moore.

Ehm, would like to know more about what went on there tbh. For one thing, I loved Caprica and was very sad to see it cut short. Always had the impression that RDM was the heart and soul of the new BSG universe... and hearing this news compounds my fears that Blood And Chrome is cashing in on the brand and little else.

Pity.

Is David Eick involved?

dead air Registered User

Dr. Baltar said:
Is David Eick involved?

I heard David Eick is the driving force behind this.

And from IMDB:
Series Produced by
David Eick .... executive producer (1 episode, 2011)
Glen A. Larson .... consulting producer (1 episode, 2011)
Michael Taylor .... executive producer (1 episode, 2011)
Bradley Thompson .... co-executive producer (1 episode, 2011)
David Weddle .... co-executive producer (1 episode, 2011)

So familiar names all round really.

Goodshape Registered User

And Michael Taylor too. I started reading some posts on other forums and people do seem happy enough that Taylor and Eick are involved. Maybe not all bad.

Didn't read why specifically RDM moved on, except to say he was / would be busy developing a new idea for Sony so isn't available for any official role in B&C.

_Kaiser_ Registered User

noodler said:

Scrawny teenager?

Have to agree. Why didn't they just use the guy they had for the Razor flasbacks - worked for me

Nuttzz Registered User

noodler said:

Scrawny teenager?

I know what you mean but I'd be willing to give it a chance, when I heard Starbuck was female in the new BSG I wrote it off without seeing an episode, but as soon as it aired in the US I was hooked

homas Potter - BSG B&C - military advisor, notes they are "Working battle choreography for nine Battlestars via plan consulted with large input from U.S. Naval War College. Stunningly intelligent conflict. Has the pace and rhythm of BSG S4 E1's opening."

1 person has thanked this post
noodler Registered User

Richard Dower said:
homas Potter - BSG B&C - military advisor, notes they are "Working battle choreography for nine Battlestars via plan consulted with large input from U.S. Naval War College. Stunningly intelligent conflict. Has the pace and rhythm of BSG S4 E1's opening."

So they are going to have at least 9 battlestars in the miniseries - interesting.

3 people have thanked this post
noodler Registered User

Dieing to see if the Battlestars exist during Caprica's time (the show) or were they actually made in response to the Cylons.

It makes more sense for me that they would have already existed but then you'd have thought the war would have been relatively quick.

I'd love a copy of that cylon war painting Adama has in his office.

robby^5 Registered User

noodler said:
It makes more sense for me that they would have already existed but then you'd have thought the war would have been relatively quick.

Well the way things are portrayed in 'Caprica' then the battlestar, if it was around when 'Caprica' takes place, would have been developed by a single colony alone as they aren't anywhere near as unified as they are after the cylon war.

So more than likely one colony would have had battlestars, just like Caprica was likely going to be the only colony that would have Cylons (since they were the ones ready to contract companies to develop military robots).

So it was either developed as a response to the Cylons or shared by one colony with the rest at the outbreak of the war. Personally I like the idea of the battlestar being developed by an individual colony before the war, it would have been a major super weapon.

Watch Ryder Registered User

So is this going to be following on from the 'reimagined' BSG or going back to the roots of The Original Series envisaged by Glen Larson?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!