s0ur_cherry Registered User

Hi, does anyone know what address I would use to send something to a specific apartment in halls? eg to house 88.8

Kwekubo Registered User

Room 8.X, 88 Trinity Hall, Dartry, Dublin 6.

JonJoeDali Banned

s0ur_cherry said:
Hi, does anyone know what address I would use to send something to a specific apartment in halls? eg to house 88.8

FYI, it's no. 88

88.x.y
Trinity Hall
Darty
Dublin 6

x is the floor, y is the room number

Personally, I'd go for something like:

Miss Stephanie Hamilton
88 Trinity Hall
Dartry
Dublin 6

Far more personal.

Warrior011 Registered User

JonJoeDali said:
FYI, it's no. 88

88.x.y
Trinity Hall
Darty
Dublin 6

x is the floor, y is the room number

X is actually the apartment number, y is the room number. I.e. 88.8.1 is apartment 8, room 1, house 88

JonJoeDali Banned

Warrior011 said:
X is actually the apartment number, y is the room number. I.e. 88.8.1 is apartment 8, room 1, house 88

Damn modernists. Another fine example of tinkering with continuity.

Groinshot Registered User

It's in the pack that you got with your keycard on it.
if your apt is 88.8 then
Your name here,
88.8 Trinity Hall,
Dartry Road
Dublin 6

JonJoeDali said:
FYI, it's no. 88

it's actually house 88

JonJoeDali Banned

Groinshot said:
it's actually house 88

Come on. It's hardly a house now.

The Provost lives in a house. Even then, you don't refer to his gaff as "house 1" Grafton Street.

JonJoeDali Banned

Groinshot said:
It's in the pack that you got with your keycard on it.
if your apt is 88.8 then
Your name here,
88.8 Trinity Hall,
Dartry Road
Dublin 6

Just in case the mail staff don't know what number you live in and the post man doesn't know that Tit Hall is on Darty Road...

JonJoeDali said:
Just in case the mail staff don't know what number you live in and the post man doesn't know that Tit Hall is on Darty Road...

you know you're an awful troll...
OP asked what their postal address is, so we told them what the address is. Provosts address is grafton street, if you write a letter to the students union for some reason, the address is
Trinity Students' Union
House 6
Trinity College
Dublin 2.
Just because you can't get your thick skull around it, doesn't mean it's necessary to change it for someone like you.

1 person has thanked this post
JonJoeDali Banned

Groinshot said:
you know you're an awful troll...
OP asked what their postal address is, so we told them what the address is. Provosts address is grafton street, if you write a letter to the students union for some reason, the address is
Trinity Students' Union
House 6
Trinity College
Dublin 2.
Just because you can't get your thick skull around it, doesn't mean it's necessary to change it for someone like you.

I prefer

Students' Union
6 Trinity College
Dublin

The "2" is totally unnecessary (how could you miss the only Trinity College in Dublin 2?) As is "house" (it's not a house).

I suggest you go over to the mail office and ask them what is the clearest and most well-known college addressing system.

Steve Higginson Registered User

JonJoeDali said:
I prefer

Students' Union
6 Trinity College
Dublin

The "2" is totally unnecessary (how could you miss the only Trinity College in Dublin 2?) As is "house" (it's not a house).

I suggest you go over to the mail office and ask them what is the clearest and most well-known college addressing system.

Postcodes are quite necessary if you dislike your mail taking longer to get delivered.

JonJoeDali Banned

Steve Higginson said:
Postcodes are quite necessary if you dislike your mail taking longer to get delivered.

Handwritten addresses are read by computer vision and passed to and passed to another program which can resolve address string sequences to GPS coordinates. The postman then collects a bag full of mail specific to his area. Very hard to find ambiguity of location with "Trinity College/TCD/Trinity College, Dublin". Welcome to the 21st century.

I dare you to send a postcard to X Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland when you're next on holidays. If you're particularly pernickety about these matters, I suggest you send two and compare the results. Let me know how you get on.

Gae Registered User

JonJoeDali said:
I dare you to send a postcard to X Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland when you're next on holidays. If you're particularly pernickety about these matters, I suggest you send two and compare the results. Let me know how you get on.

I bet you could send your postcard to "X, Trinity College Dublin" and it would get there.

JonJoeDali Banned

Gae said:
I bet you could send your postcard to "X, Trinity College Dublin" and it would get there.

It would, but you forgot the comma.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!