Dreddybajs Registered User

Do you mean a square gate? I'm pretty certain that's what the FS3 has by default anyway (as do almost all sticks).

A 4-way gate is what it sounds like, you can only hit 4 directions on it, no diagonals (for Pacman etc.).

Ryuzaki Registered User

deathrider said:
I'm looking for a 4-way gate (I think) for a FS3, but I know somewhere between very littl, and absolutely nothing about such things. Is there any particular type, or website you'd recommend?

Assuming FS3 is a PS3 and not some system I have no knowledge of, I would really recommend this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-3po1.html

That was my very first stick, which is Indeed a 4gate and works on PS3, Xbox and PC. Its pretty damn amazing, the buttons are okay, nothing special but their not awful. Their bearable and work well for what they are, and indeed do the job.

I had that then upgraded to a Madcatz TE Round 2 stick and thats the best I've seen and used. So if you can fork out around 120 or so yoyos definatly get one of those, otherwise get the Paewang.

Hope that helps and you did mean PS3, otherwise Oh well

K.O.Kiki Registered User

Paewang is available for cheaper as the Datel Arcade Pro on Amazon.

And it is not 4-way, it is 8-way SQUARE.
Personally, I like the button layout, but the quality of parts is sub-par & should be replaced ASAP.

deathrider, is it possible you wanted an OCTO gate?

deathrider Registered User

Dreddybajs said:
Do you mean a square gate? I'm pretty certain that's what the FS3 has by default anyway (as do almost all sticks).

A 4-way gate is what it sounds like, you can only hit 4 directions on it, no diagonals (for Pacman etc.).

Square gate is probably what I'm thinking of, yeah. As far as I know (which I'll be honest, ain't too far) that's what would be in the EX2, but when I use the FS3, it feels compltely different, and throws me way off. I'm pretty much looking to make it feel the same as the EX2.

Ryuzaki said:
Assuming FS3 is a PS3 and not some system I have no knowledge of, I would really recommend this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-3po1.html

That was my very first stick, which is Indeed a 4gate and works on PS3, Xbox and PC. Its pretty damn amazing, the buttons are okay, nothing special but their not awful. Their bearable and work well for what they are, and indeed do the job.

I had that then upgraded to a Madcatz TE Round 2 stick and thats the best I've seen and used. So if you can fork out around 120 or so yoyos definatly get one of those, otherwise get the Paewang.

Hope that helps and you did mean PS3, otherwise Oh well

FS3 is the name of the stick I'm using (which is indeed for the PS3), not the console I'm using. Cheers for the info, but I'm not looking for a whole new stick. Just to change mine up a little.

Ryuzaki Registered User

deathrider said:
Square gate is probably what I'm thinking of, yeah. As far as I know (which I'll be honest, ain't too far) that's what would be in the EX2, but when I use the FS3, it feels compltely different, and throws me way off. I'm pretty much looking to make it feel the same as the EX2.

FS3 is the name of the stick I'm using (which is indeed for the PS3), not the console I'm using. Cheers for the info, but I'm not looking for a whole new stick. Just to change mine up a little.

Ah, Sincere apologies. I misread horribly. I usually don't do this stuff but I saw the post and thought I'd attempt to share my knowledge even though im still a n00b lawl ^^

1 person has thanked this post
K.O.Kiki Registered User

Hori EX2 & FS3 use the exact same joystick.

They'll feel different depending on the manufacturing batch & how long it's been used, as this will affect the spring inside.

K.O.Kiki said:
Hori EX2 & FS3 use the exact same joystick.

They'll feel different depending on the manufacturing batch & how long it's been used, as this will affect the spring inside.

Hmmm, disaaaaaaaaaster. The FS3 (which I use for the MK tournaments, is really giving me a pain in the butt. Not to worry, lads. Cheers for the info.

K.O.Kiki Registered User

With minimal soldering skills, you can also replace the microswitches.

MS-O-3R from AkihabaraShop.jp will work, as would the 75g Cherry button.

Dead on. Cheers, man.

DARK-KNIGHT Registered User

game are selling the soul caliber 5 tournament edition fightstick for 125 euro down from 190....

get them while you can....

Darachnid Registered User

I'm Dara, due to being born into the Curragh via the Coombe. Feck all this 'kill Dara' smut. I've never hurt a fly, well... not one from the greater Dublin region.

DARK-KNIGHT Registered User

Darachnid said:
I'm Dara, due to being born into the Curragh via the Coombe. Feck all this 'kill Dara' smut. I've never hurt a fly, well... not one from the greater Dublin region.

Stay off the acid son

9 people have thanked this post
UberPrinny_Baal Registered User

Dunno if we want to bump this as a general bargain alert topic but:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/27/ssf2t-hd-remix-and-puzzle-fighter-hd-remix-part-capcom-digital-collection-released-today-xbox-360/

1942: Joint Strike, Bionic Commando® Rearmed 2, Final Fight™ Double Impact, Flock!, Rocketmen™: Axis of Evil including Rocketmen™: It Came From Uranus expansion, Super Puzzle Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, and Wolf of the Battlefield™: Commando 3.

TL;DR: HDR as a disc release, plus other stuff

Darachnid Registered User

Bump away, why not perpetuate my acidic ramblings?

UberPrinny_Baal Registered User

Darachnid said:
Bump away, why not perpetuate my acidic ramblings?

You make a compelling point.

We should let this topic die or request it be closed.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!