Doctor DooM Moderator

J.I.M. said:
Hey lads, I was thinking of getting a Mad Catz TE stick for PS3, but I heard that a firmware update has rendered most wired accessory controllers useless, as in it won't register it as a controller or some shait. Is this true? Has anyone tested this? Cheers.

No, the Ps3 TEs work fine still, I have one myself.

1 person has thanked this post
A-Trak Hosted Moderator

J.I.M. said:
Hey lads, I was thinking of getting a Mad Catz TE stick for PS3, but I heard that a firmware update has rendered most wired accessory controllers useless, as in it won't register it as a controller or some shait. Is this true? Has anyone tested this? Cheers.

The TE is wired on the PS3, so no worries with PS firmware woes there.

1 person has thanked this post
J.I.M. Registered User

All right, that's good to know. Also props to both of ye replying on the exact same minute

UberPrinny_Baal Registered User

Jumping to stick already JIM?

J.I.M. Registered User

Haha, well it's going to be 2011 before I can actually get my own stick, sit down and start practicing. But yeah, I'm gonna try and switch, which is going to take some time I bet. But hopefully I'll be at a competent level by the time AE-DLC comes out for SSFIV

Fergus_ Registered User

J.I.M. said:
Haha, well it's going to be 2011 before I can actually get my own stick, sit down and start practicing. But yeah, I'm gonna try and switch, which is going to take some time I bet. But hopefully I'll be at a competent level by the time AE-DLC comes out for SSFIV

I will be adjusting to the stick too in a few weeks. Fingers crossed it won't be too difficult

J.I.M. Registered User

Fergus_ said:
I will be adjusting to the stick too in a few weeks. Fingers crossed it won't be too difficult

Damn you, getting a head start!

We can have some practice sessions online when I get back home. An endless room for stick-newbies

Placebo Registered User

so where can i buy a madcats tourny stick? first edition
2nd one looks too big

chopperbyrne Registered User

Placebo said:
so where can i buy a madcats tourny stick? first edition
2nd one looks too big

The Round 2 is the same as the original ones with a different colour scheme and the TE-S are slightly smaller than the first model.

Sagat06 Registered User

chopperbyrne said:
The Round 2 is the same as the original ones with a different colour scheme and the TE-S are slightly smaller than the first model.

This farz, the body is the same size but they've taken angled edges off ie the white bits

Placebo Registered User

Thanks Guys.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Street-Fighter-Arcade-Fight/dp/B002V0WKXM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291717564&sr=8-2

is there a better stick out there? how much was your new one GER?
i've realized mines no good for charge characters, its too lose.

Might get the above, as it seems the cheapest.
Anyone order from amazon before, delivery time?

thanks

unky chop chop Registered User

Farz,

You can get a brand new TE-S here for less

http://www.gamesbites.com/Xbox360accessories/?sortmethod=lohi&page=5

chopperbyrne Registered User

Why not just fix yours if it's too lose?

Doctor DooM Moderator

Placebo said:
Thanks Guys.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Street-Fighter-Arcade-Fight/dp/B002V0WKXM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291717564&sr=8-2

is there a better stick out there? how much was your new one GER?
i've realized mines no good for charge characters, its too lose.

Might get the above, as it seems the cheapest.
Anyone order from amazon before, delivery time?

thanks

Mine arrived in under a week.

Placebo Registered User

i really dont like the look of the super edition? is there a difference?

ger, fix? like the spring? i got a new stick, i just think its the way its mounted. It doesnt make that click sounds the TE's do, seems lose. was lose when i got it too? doesnt make sense if the parts are the same, has to be the mounting.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!