Nervous Wreck Moderator

Bullseye1 said:
Just read that Black Widow will not be in IM3. Hopefully she gets her own movie.

That's definitely the worst idea I've heard relating to this franchise so far.

5 people have thanked this post
Penn Registered User

Bullseye1 said:
Just read that Black Widow will not be in IM3. Hopefully she gets her own movie.

I'm guessing it's more likely she'll be in the next Captain America, which will probably be a lot more SHIELD-related. Either that or they might make a Hawkeye film and pair them up

Nervous Wreck said:
That's definitely the worst idea I've heard relating to this franchise so far.

Not of your a fan of the BW character. Didnt Marvel announce they were going to make some low budget movies at around the $50-60 million mark. Seems like a good candidate.

Ridley Registered User

Kess73 said:
Daredevil? MoonKnight?

Punisher...

Mickeroo Category Moderator

The ball seems to have started rolling now on this. Rebecca Hall has been cast in the female lead in Iron Man 3, supposedly as the scientist that creates the extremis technology. I've not read Extremis so I'm not 100% sure what that means. jessica Chastain supposedly was up for the role first but turned it down due to being too busy.

If she the female lead though, I presume that means Pepper won't be getting as much screen time.

Here's a nice picture:

3 people have thanked this post
brianregan09 Registered User

That'll be Maya Hansen then who created Extremis in the comics and was an old college friend of tonys

Mickeroo said:
The ball seems to have started rolling now on this. Rebecca Hall has been cast in the female lead in Iron Man 3, supposedly as the scientist that creates the extremis technology. I've not read Extremis so I'm not 100% sure what that means. jessica Chastain supposedly was up for the role first but turned it down due to being too busy.

If she the female lead though, I presume that means Pepper won't be getting as much screen time.

Here's a nice picture:

8 people have thanked this post

Rebecca Hall is lovely, but the woman can act too - she was excellent in the Awakening. Good choice! Not sure about Kingsley though... it just seems that he only hams it up nowadays.

spankmaster2000 Registered User

Kingsley was pretty good in Hugo I thought! He can still act anyway!

On a related note; are they ever going to do a Nick Fury film?
He's a character that I think deserves to have his backstory explored; but I don't think I could sit through 2 hours of Samuel L. Jackson being a badass. Or at least; it would have to be a younger actor anyway.

Or even just remake this!:

spankmaster2000 said:
Kingsley was pretty good in Hugo I thought! He can still act anyway!

Fair enough, haven't seen Hugo... Last thing I saw him in was Prince of Persia

Overheal Covfefe Connoisseur

Mickeroo said:
The ball seems to have started rolling now on this. Rebecca Hall has been cast in the female lead in Iron Man 3, supposedly as the scientist that creates the extremis technology. I've not read Extremis so I'm not 100% sure what that means.

It should be available on Netflix as a motion comic: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Iron_Man_Extremis/70204996?trkid=2361637

But essentially Extremis is a nanite project. The aim was to - of all things - use it to do supersoldiery type stuff and it went kinda bad. Iron Man gets his ass handed to him by the resulting firebreathing asskicking bastard. Getting completely crippled by the fight and near death again, he writes his own program for the nanite code and uses it on himself.

The result is it rewires his brain and rebuilds his body in addition to 'upgrading' his internal organs, bone structure etc. - Stark then has these nanites in his body acting as a direct link between him and the Iron Man, so the suit gets beyond human reaction times and all that good stuff. His brain is pretty much a computer at this point so he's able to hack into cell phones and satellites and stuff too - even multitask on things like remotely piloting other autonomic iron man suits.

Much much farther down the line it gets to the point where the entire suit is stored in his body through nanites (not just an underarmor sheath) but thats an entirely different matter beyond Extremis.

5 people have thanked this post
Mickeroo Category Moderator

Overheal said:
It should be available on Netflix as a motion comic: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Iron_Man_Extremis/70204996?trkid=2361637

But essentially Extremis is a nanite project. The aim was to - of all things - use it to do supersoldiery type stuff and it went kinda bad. Iron Man gets his ass handed to him by the resulting firebreathing asskicking bastard. Getting completely crippled by the fight and near death again, he writes his own program for the nanite code and uses it on himself.

The result is it rewires his brain and rebuilds his body in addition to 'upgrading' his internal organs, bone structure etc. - Stark then has these nanites in his body acting as a direct link between him and the Iron Man, so the suit gets beyond human reaction times and all that good stuff. His brain is pretty much a computer at this point so he's able to hack into cell phones and satellites and stuff too - even multitask on things like remotely piloting other autonomic iron man suits.

Much much farther down the line it gets to the point where the entire suit is stored in his body through nanites (not just an underarmor sheath) but thats an entirely different matter beyond Extremis.

Ah right sounds cool! Yeah I saw the motion comic on there but hey look a bit naff, would rather read the actual comic I think.

Overheal Covfefe Connoisseur

I would. Comics get pricey though. Should be able to find them either on the ComicsX or Marvel Comics apps for droid or iOS relatively cheap per issue

While your at it download some atomic robo. That **** is epic.

1 person has thanked this post
Oafley Jones Registered User

Overheal said:

The Extremis story line kinda bothers me that it'll be incredibly hard to pull off on screen; even in the context of a superhero movie - I'm getting that whole james bonds disappearing car vibe - it's just too fantastical technologically.

I'd rather have Tony the drunk for a while.

irish_stevo815 Registered User

Penn said:
Either that or they might make a Hawkeye film and pair them up

This is exactly what i was thinking after seeing The Avengers -
Spoiler (Show)

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!