kbell Registered User

Drove past there twice today and Tinnely Demolition were in setting up their equipment.
Will be weird without the place.

kbell said:
Drove past there twice today and Tinnely Demolition were in setting up their equipment.
Will be weird without the place.

For ever associated with this incident, it won't be missed.

January 21, 1987
Two men blamed for terrorist crimes in Northern Ireland were shot and killed in the Irish Republic as they drank tea with two companions, both of whom were wounded in the attack, police said. The two gunmen escaped from the Rosnaree Hotel in Drogheda, 30 miles from Dublin. The dead men were identified as Thomas Power, 32, and John O'Reilly, 26, both of whom were linked to the outlawed Irish National Liberation Army. There was speculation that the shooting resulted from a feud within the INLA, a splinter movement of the Irish Republican Army.

furiousox Registered User

Bit of an eyesore at this stage, wonder what they'll build there instead?

the rosnaree is the place to be , if you want to be shot while having your tea

2 people have thanked this post
Meeoow Registered User

come to the rosnaree, the first 2 shots are free

Even in it's "prime" it was a kip. Will not be missed.

Fingers Mcginty Registered User

Had some great nights there back in the day but that's for another discussion.
I heard they were putting in a nursing home there but couldn't get planning permission???

Saw the demolition crew there yesterday evening and I'm glad they're knocking it. I agree the place is a total eyesore at the moment.

positron Registered User

Rosnaree = Europa?

If so glad to see it go. Nice location though - I hope something nice comes up there, and not another shopping center or apartment complex! With all that road frontage, I think it will be a great location for some sort of open plan garden center or something nice to look at as you approach town.

ssmith6287 Registered User

Big multi story nightclub, attract people from all round. look at time in naas

the heathen Registered User

furiousox said:
Bit of an eyesore at this stage, wonder what they'll build there instead?

I've heard there's to be a nursing home built on the site...

the heathen said:
I've heard there's to be a nursing home built on the site...

There goes the neighborhood!

TommyT Awaiting Email Confirmation

MUSSOLINI said:
There goes the neighborhood!

You mean it can get any worse?

It will always be associated with that shooting. I remember it like it was yesterday, its hard to believe that was almost a quarter of a century ago.

Thread of the day!

ooops

TommyT said:

It will always be associated with that shooting. I remember it like it was yesterday, its hard to believe that was almost a quarter of a century ago.

I was joking! Much better than more apartments.

furiousox Registered User

TommyT said:

Wrong!
It will be forever associated with DJ Maurice, LJ Ray and Theeeee Place!

4 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!