flashinbluelite Registered User

whydave said:
I want one of these !! It's like the love child of a G36k and an M-249 !!

the second this is availible in airsoft , I want one..... no no i NEED one.... its stunning

Captain Chaos Registered User

flashinbluelite said:
. its stunning

Whats stunning is the sustained rate of fire of the thing, its crazy for a GPMG.

There is a vid on youtube of it firing until the barrel is glowing red, the barrel is removed, dunked in water and re-installed in about 10 seconds and they carry on firing.

Carries on where the MG3 and MG42 left off.

2 people have thanked this post
whydave Registered User

A dog fancy dressed as a military, marches during celebrations for the World Animal Day on October 3, 2010, in Medellin, Antioquia department, Colombia.

1 person has thanked this post
whydave Registered User

NakedDex Registered User

whydave said:
I want one of these
Slovenian armed forces
(Invalid img)

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. The Slovenians have their shít wired. F2000's as standard, G36's, Patria AMV's and effective camo patterns (even if it is just the old Yugoslavian pattern re-hashed a bit).

whydave Registered User

does the third guy have a H&K 417 ?

Puding Registered User

whydave said:
does the third guy have a H&K 417 ?

L129A1, picked over the hk417 and the scar h

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/support-weapons/18827.aspx

1 person has thanked this post
Manic Moran Moderator

One of the biggest air assault operation done in Afghanistan:

We were very pleased to hear this one finally got off the ground. We were at Surobi conducting final rehearsals for that op back in Sept 09 when the assets got pulled from us at the last minute. When we tried going to plan B without the helicopters, we were called off entirely. We were extremely pissed off. So were the French (TF Dragon, at the time), as they have a bit of a grudge against the individuals we were targetting. Unit rotations and other taskings basically meant that we just handed the plan over to Iron Gray (National Guard unit out of Connecticut) and said 'hope you have better luck than we did'.

Wonder if they found any of their missing FAMASs?

NTM

RNO Registered User

Are you talking about what happened at end of Septembre 09?
The night of 26th to 27th?

ED E Registered User

Why do they leave all the aircraft on the flight deck? Like only the helo's can take off as is and most of the rest would have to be brought under to begin launching. And in order to get them there in the first place they would have had to have been in the hold to allow landings...

RNO Registered User

If it's the night from 26th to 27th, one soldier was struck during the infiltration stage,then the mission was suspended to allow his evacuation, but he finaly died.
One LRRP is swept away by flash floods from a river during the disengagement phase and an officer also disappears while he tried to rescue him.
At this stage significant resources, both human and air (helicopters Caracal, Tiger and Apache) are immediately implemented for searching the two missing soldiers from special forces, finaly they were found dead at dawn.

**** happens.

Hope that "Wonder if they found any of their missing FAMASs?" is not sarcastic...

Manic Moran Moderator

If it's the night from 26th to 27th, one soldier was struck during the infiltration stage,then the mission was suspended to allow his evacuation, but he finaly died.

No, that was a different, smaller mission entirely, and if I recall, was a different unit in TF Lafayette.

The missing FAMASs would have been from the incident in Sper Kunday, Aug 2008. We were planning on visiting the individuals responsible for that one, and is the area that Normandy Eagle was visiting. However, the US aviation assets were diverted to support a large operation in Barge Methal, which had turned nasty. We were never given an official reason as to why plan B wasn't permitted, it was nixed on the American, not the French side.

I'm quite familiar with the events in the area, mainly because I wrote the plan. I was the Squadron S-3 Plans Jun 09-Mar 10, and the primary liaison with the neighbouring French units, Dragon and Altor. (Though we left very soon after Altor arrived)

(Sper Kunday is about 6 inches to the left of where I'm pointing)

NTM

Attachments
DSC_0224s.JPG
7 people have thanked this post
Manic Moran Moderator

That's a Sea Knight, not a Chinook.

NTM

swiftblade Registered User

That sweedish camo is hawt!

whydave Registered User

anyone know were Ican get a set of this camo ?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!