mysons Registered User

Or like myself just a blow in.
My wife is from the Clonsilla Rd and our two sons have lived in Blanch all their lives,Her father came from Clonsilla and went to school in the old school building up at St Mochta's.
We meet in the Greyhound and danced in The End, had a ball and just love coming home to Blanch when we are away.
So are you just a Blow in or are you from the area.

1 person has thanked this post

mysons said:
Or like myself just a blow in.
My wife is from the Clonsilla Rd and our two sons have lived in Blanch all their lives,Her father came from Clonsilla and went to school in the old school building up at St Mochta's.
We meet in the Greyhound and danced in The End, had a ball and just love coming home to Blanch when we are away.
So are you just a Blow in or are you from the area.

I'm a blow-out! I was born and reared in Blanch, went to school in St Francis Xaviers, and later Coolmine Community school; also wasted many hours in the Greyhound and The End! I moved out to Laois about nine years ago, considering a move back to Blanch though - I'm too isolated where I am.

January Category Moderator

I live in Mulhuddart, have lived there since 1987 and left for 3 years but moved back in 5 months ago!

I've been living here the last 14 years, before that I grew up mostly in D11 and as D15 got bigger and people grew up a lot of families moved out this way.

ironictoaster Registered User

Blow in. Also from Dublin 11, moved in 2003.

Doyler92 Registered User

From Blanchardstown and always lived in the area. Now living on the Clonsilla Road for the last 5 years.

TheChrisD Registered User

Blow out. Lived in near the heart of the village since I was born in 99, then we moved out here to Dunboyne about four years ago, since Blanch really was becoming not a great place to live :/

Michellenman Registered User

Born and raised 'er! Parents are from Rialto and Kilmainham but myself and my brothers were born in Clonsilla until about 14 years ago when we moved to Blanchardstown

athtrasna Waaaaaaaaaay across!

I'm very odd then...I'm originally from Cork

thomasj Registered User

28 years and counting. The first year of my life was. In crumlin.

Remember the days when getting the train at Clonsilla you had to physically open the doors yourself!

Remember when the centre site was a patch of green remember getting the 39 bus to town on the opposite side of the road, remember the Ice nite club in mulhuddart remember supervalu in hartstown, remember doyles corner in the village, remember the shopping bus to super crazy prices in finglas! And the early days of the west link toll bridge!

Some things though never change! The bell, superquinn just to name a few.

2 people have thanked this post
xp90 Banned

Of course i am!

seventyeight Registered User

From Dundalk originally but moved to Clonsilla almost exactly a year ago. My wife's from Castleknock but has been living in here for the last 6 years. We just married two weeks ago and have a baby on the way so he/she'll be from D15. I love the area.

LadyW Registered User

Born and bred in the area. I'm originally from Clonsilla Close, moved away in 1992 and travelled around a bit, moved back to the area a few years ago.

(The End... now there's a blast from the past )

Gaspode Woof!

I'm a blow in to the D15 area, here about 18 years. Originally from D5 (which is 1 better than D4).

EdwardHopper Registered User

Blanch born & bred.
Went to Francis Xaviers when it was just opening which mean it was up near Coolmine Community School for the first year . . . and Mr Bowler was principal I think.
Remember Happy Blanchies summer camp?
Thomasj - do you remember when the Bell was known as Davy & Phelans?
Jeez, How old am I?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!