fungun Registered User

id be interested to know the final cost of an entire marine setup.....it has been in my mind for a while as i moved from typical community to cichlids....seems like the obvious next step!

paddy147 Banned

fungun said:
id be interested to know the final cost of an entire marine setup.....it has been in my mind for a while as i moved from typical community to cichlids....seems like the obvious next step!

Over 1000 euro so far on the list of stuff I have posted.Still more bits and bobs to buy for going into the sump underneath the tank.

That doesnt even include the cost of having a tank made or the cabinet and sump made either.

Still will have to get marine salt,live rock and alot of other stuff just to get started.

We plan on producing our own marine water (RO water system and marine salt),so we wont have to buy it each week.

jay28 Registered User

This is my new marine tank, I moved everything over from my smaller 94 litre tank at the weekend, a few corals, 1 clown and a pair of seahorses.
All are doing well and love the extra room!!

12 people have thanked this post
Sleepy Registered User

fungun said:

It's been my goal since I got into fish keeping to have a marine setup. From what I can see so far it's not even worth trying without a budget of €1500 of more...

paddy147 Banned

Sleepy said:
It's been my goal since I got into fish keeping to have a marine setup. From what I can see so far it's not even worth trying without a budget of €1500 of more...

You would be more than wellcome to come up and view our 2 tank setups (Discuss and Marine),once the marine tank is made,delievered and its all setup and running.

1 person has thanked this post
paddy147 Banned

My new marine tank,cabinet and sump tank,as of this evening,ready to be collected from Seahorse Aquariams.

300 litre tank

Wallnut Cabinet (double doors on both sides)

120 litre sump tank

cena Registered User

Are fish tanks heavy on electric. Would love to have a fish tank some time.

Cookie_Monster Registered User

cena said:
Are fish tanks heavy on electric. Would love to have a fish tank some time.

totally size and temp dependant....

marine use the most juice then tropical then coldwater. Bigger the tank the bigger the pump, heater and lighting requirements.

I ran a 90L tropical with minor minor increase it consumption, maybe a fiver a month. But you can watch the fish and leave the TV off saving power that way too

vibe666 Registered User

not my own tank (obviously), but i saw this online and thought it was a really cool idea.

10 people have thanked this post
Cookie_Monster Registered User

I'd get no work done...

fungun Registered User

how the hell would you clean that thing

plus the chicks working there would spend most of the day in the loo

SeaFields Gone fishin'

Santa Clause (aka Ms Seafields) bought me a new tank for Christmas. Used to be well into it as a younger lad and had no idea I was getting one til Christmas eve.

Just set it up today and filled it. Added a few plants. Fish next week maybe. This forum (which I didnt know existed until a few weeks back! ) has been a great read to catch up on things.

Like a child again

Sleepy Registered User

You'll need to leave it a bit longer before adding fish... read the "cycling a tank" sticky

7 people have thanked this post
vibe666 Registered User

here's another "it's not mine, but still it's pretty special" tank i found online.

2 people have thanked this post
Sleepy Registered User

Utterly beautiful but how on earth do you maintain a tank with a solid top?!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!