Hi, I have iphone 3gs running on 3.1.3 jailbroken using spirit and unlocked using ultrasnow, now if I update to newest os, will I lose the apps i've purchased and will I have to repurchase? I realise I will have to jailbreak and unlock again, just don't want to lose my apps!

guil Registered User

no ya wont lose apps bought on itunes/appstore

scwazrh Registered User

Anyone else having problems with jailbreakme.com ?

When i launch it in safari , it crashes.

jamesd Registered User

scwazrh said:

Are you with 3? Try using wifi to connect to it

James Forde Registered User

how do you not lose your apps, will the device not be wiped?

jamesd Registered User

Sync before the upgrade and that backups all so then you restore after the upgrade and it brings all back.

TskTsk Registered User

scwazrh said:

I had the same problem myself, so I did a factory level restore from iTunes, then immediately went to jailbreakme.com before doing anything else. Worked fine.

Clear all the cache, history, cookies via the safari settings. Then visit

Kylo Ren Registered User

I didn't update my ipod touch in ages and decided to do so today. It updated to 4.0.2 which is too new for jailbreakme. Am I screwed or can I do something?

Kevin! Registered User

Keno 92 said:
I didn't update my ipod touch in ages and decided to do so today. It updated to 4.0.2 which is too new for jailbreakme. Am I screwed or can I do something?

The easiest option is to wait until the dev-team release a jailbreak for 4.0.2, it shouldn't be too long.

Notorious97 Registered User

Kevin! said:
The easiest option is to wait until the dev-team release a jailbreak for 4.0.2, it shouldn't be too long.

i dont think they are going to JB 4.02 as i think 4.1 is expected soon too for the new ipod touch due out in september.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!