Barr Registered User

Hi All

Could anyone recommend a good dentist in the Cork area, I need to get 2 bridges done and have been quoted €1600 per bridge

Don’t know if this is the going rate but was looking to shop around.

LilMrsDahamsta Registered User

The Dental Hospital would probably be far cheaper. See here for patient information and price list.

Milly33 Registered User

Dentists should change their title to Satans Minons evil evil people...

I went to Oscar Dermiddy up by turners cross his a nice chap (his helpers seem a bit grumpy but they are actually nice) not to sure how much he would charge for a bridge but was decent enough for fillings and that and checking to see if you were covered.

I have recommendation from others for Michael Doyle on McCurtain street suppose to be very good and there is a chap on douglas Street chinese who is suppose to be great. I can find out his name for you..

Stay clear of Broadale on marybourough charge as much of they like and they arent good dentists

Barr Registered User

Thanks for the replies; I totally forgot about the Dental Hospital - I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Milly33 - if you could get the name of the guy in Douglas street it would be great, no harm in shopping around

Milly33 Registered User

Hi Barr

Im so sorry I cant seem to find this chaps name I know I had it written someone, as twas a friend passed it onto me...Hopefully I shall see her at the weekend and let u know

rebel.ranter Registered User

Another thumbs up for Michael Doyle on McCurtain St. Really sound guy & the pricing for the work he did on my teeth seemed less than what a colleague got quoted from another dentist for similar work.

mawk Registered User

I get my stuff done by alex o regan out in carrigaline and have done for years. I had to get a few things done lately and he knocked a few bob off with the repeat business. Does great work and really seems to love being a dentist

RoverJames Banned

Sean Twomey in The Lough Dental Practice seems to be fair with his charges, was scared sh1tless of the thought of a dentist but found him grand, highly recommended.

1 person has thanked this post
Papa_Lazarou Registered User

RoverJames said:
Sean Twomey in The Lough Dental Practice seems to be fair with his charges, was scared sh1tless of the thought of a dentist but found him grand, highly recommended.

+1 On Sean Twomey.

Had to get a bit of work done in the last year and he was brilliant. I dreading going but i must say he really does make you feel comfortable and tells you about everything he'll be doing. Prices are fair as well.

RoverJames Banned

If you look like you're going to pass out he gives you a can of coke too I believe

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!