caseyann said:
Why did you call them white south Africans? So if i say i find black south Africans the rudiest its ok.Funny i find individuals Rude and ignorant.

So say you met 10 South Africans, 5 who were white and 5 who were black. If the 5 white people were quiet ignorant, and the 5 five black people were quiet friendly, how would you differenciate them when describing it to someone eles?

Theres nothing wrong with saying what colour/race someone is when giving a discription of them

11 people have thanked this post
HiKite Registered User

I visited a car dismantler in Sligo, who I thought was totally rude on the phone, but after being in the place for 20 minutes, I observed his nature with some customers and he is OK after all, you just have to get to know him first I suppose. First impressions last though, especially in business! I don't think all car dismantlers are as abrupt, as I had to phone about 10 places a few months ago, and some of them seemed like very nice people.

viztopia said:
I recently had to buy a part for my car and as it is an old enough car it made no sense to buy the part new as the price of it was neary half that of the car. I rang around about 15 car dismantlers looking for the part and i have to say they seem to be the rudest/most ignorant bunch of people i have ever dealt with as a whole. who do you think as a group are the rudest people to deal with?

SEANYBOY1 Registered User

pablomakaveli said:
I'm going to be crucified for this but middle aged African women are the rudest people i've dealt with.

I work at a deli counter and whenever a middle aged african women comes up and just goes "i want chips" in the grumpiest way possible. When i give them what they asked for they look at it and just walk off without any please or thank you.

For some reason all the middle aged african women i serve are like this. All African men and younger women are much nicer but for some reason the middle aged women are a nightmare to deal with.

Say what you think, the bleeding heart liberals are not looking over your shoulder, are they?

HiKite said:
I visited a car dismantler in Sligo, who I thought was totally rude on the phone, but after being in the place for 20 minutes, I observed his nature with some customers and he is OK after all, you just have to get to know him first I suppose. First impressions last though, especially in business! I don't think all car dismantlers are as abrupt, as I had to phone about 10 places a few months ago, and some of them seemed like very nice people.

No you dont, you just want to purchaser a part which should be at least coulpled with a bit of manners, and a receipt!

tommyhaas said:
So say you met 10 South Africans, 5 who were white and 5 who were black. If the 5 white people were quiet ignorant, and the 5 five black people were quiet friendly, how would you differenciate them when describing it to someone eles?

Theres nothing wrong with saying what colour/race someone is when giving a discription of them

Funny when i have done that previously got called a racist.

super_furry Registered User

There's a special level of Hell dedicated to YouTube commentators.

35 people have thanked this post
General Zod Registered User

SEANYBOY1 said:
Say what you think, the bleeding heart liberals are not looking over your shoulder, are they?

No you just want to purchaser a part which should be at least coulpled with a bit of manners, and a receipt!

Who are these mythical "bleeding heart liberals"? I find that people whine about them when there is no actual evidence they exist and usually start moaning about them in threads like these before anyone has actually exhibited the behaviour that is being railed against.

Fecking Sun readers.

5 people have thanked this post

caseyann said:
Funny when i have done that previously got called a racist.

But its not racism, yeah its definitely stereotyping alright which in a thread titled 'Rudest type of people....' is inevitable, but using a persons colour to describe them is not racism, it's being discriptive

Home improvement store workers. Majority of them, from my experience, have zero knowledge of the products they sell and can't be arsed helping you with anything really. They do as little as possible.

2 people have thanked this post
Agnostic Mantis Registered User

Old biddies.

Raminahobbin Registered User

Nigerians.

This is not me being racist, this is just observed through my own 3 years working in a shop where I have had to photocopy alot of documentation for people from other countries.

I can say that, without a doubt, there has only been a handful of nigerians I have served in the shop that has not been, on some level, rude. From jumping the queue, to demanding tippex/scissors/sellotape, to not saying please or thank you, to pushing their papers at me, having kids running riot in the shop, calling me a stupid girl, tutting at me, pushing other customers bags off the counter because they need to fill out a form, taking off their shoes in the shop and demanding I fetch them a chair to use while their fax goes through... and so on.

Apparently it is a cultural thing, I have a friend whose boyfriend is Nigerian, and he said they have a very abrupt and demanding culture. It just clashes alot with ours!

11 people have thanked this post
ElaElaElano Registered User

People who work in music (instruments, not CDs) shops. Never come across a bigger bunch of high and mighty cúnts in my life. As an aside, failed musicians, who for example played a guitar riff on a Thin Lizzy song 30 years ago but have done fúck all else since seem to have a massive ego problem, much more so than genuinely famous, successful ones. It's like they're bitter about having had a taste of it but nothing more.

9 people have thanked this post
fakearms123 Registered User

Lesbian Gay bashers!

tommyhaas said:

tommyhaas said:
But its not racism, yeah its definitely stereotyping alright which in a thread titled 'Rudest type of people....' is inevitable, but using a persons colour to describe them is not racism, it's being discriptive

I disagree to be honest, there is a cumulative effect from this kind of reporting which, intentionally or otherwise builds up a perception of certain races/nationalities amongst the public.

The only time such details are warranted is when descriptions are required to help the gardai - otherwise I see it as no more relevant than the colour of ones shoes or the clothes one is wearing - the latter two pieces of information are never printed.

losthorizon Registered User

Louth people

I definitely agree with the well to do middle aged women comment.

For instance I remember serving a lady not so long ago, she wanted to pay with a Mastercard but it had no chip so I said I'm sorry I can't accept this card. She made a big fuss about how I had to accept the card, I couldn't though as it's company policy where I work only to accept chip and pin. In the end reached into her purse and slammed a laser down on the counter and turned away.

I wasn't shocked, I've seen it all before but it's annoying how some people let it go to their head when they get some money.

On the flip side some of the nicest customers I've dealt with have been middle aged rich men, oddly. It's all very subjective anyway as each person's going to have their own biases.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!