john-joe Banned
#1

Hi, I would like to sit my leaving cert as I left school and did not sit it,

anyone know where I can do it?

thanks

spurious Category Moderator
#2

Where in the country are you?
Contact your local VEC Adult Education Officer.

1 person has thanked this post
john-joe Banned
#3

I am living in Westmeath.

I see you are a Prisoner Fan?

spurious Category Moderator
#4

john-joe said:
I am living in Westmeath.

I see you are a Prisoner Fan?


Oh yes, the lovely Noeline. Wot a stunna.

I think this is the person to contact in Westmeath:
Anne-Maree O'Brien,
Adult Education Centre,
Pearse Street,
Athlone.
Tel: 090 64 70805
Email: btei@westmeathvec.ie

There may also be classes available in other centres, but they should know.

1 person has thanked this post
touge_drift Registered User
#5

sorry for sort of thread hi-jacking but i dont want to start a whole new thread for it, i done my leaving cert a few years ago now and decided after lots of thought i want to repeat maths and maybe biology, can i do the course again in night classes etc and then pay to sit the lc exam in june like everyone else? i cant seem to find a concret answer.

im in dublin btw

Professional Griefer Registered User
#6

touge_drift said:
sorry for sort of thread hi-jacking but i dont want to start a whole new thread for it, i done my leaving cert a few years ago now and decided after lots of thought i want to repeat maths and maybe biology, can i do the course again in night classes etc and then pay to sit the lc exam in june like everyone else? i cant seem to find a concret answer.

im in dublin btw


Almost certain so.

ironictoaster Registered User
#7

touge_drift said:
sorry for sort of thread hi-jacking but i dont want to start a whole new thread for it, i done my leaving cert a few years ago now and decided after lots of thought i want to repeat maths and maybe biology, can i do the course again in night classes etc and then pay to sit the lc exam in june like everyone else? i cant seem to find a concret answer.

im in dublin btw


Yes you can, you can just apply to the leaving as an external candidate, while doing a night course in maths and biology.

spurious Category Moderator
#8

Contact the SEC in October or so to register as an external candidate.

External entries.

Fees:
Repeat entry (2 subjects) €199

Late fees apply from January on.
If you have a medical card, the fee can be waived, but late fees cannot.

tom thum Banned
#9

touge_drift said:
sorry for sort of thread hi-jacking but i dont want to start a whole new thread for it, i done my leaving cert a few years ago now and decided after lots of thought i want to repeat maths and maybe biology, can i do the course again in night classes etc and then pay to sit the lc exam in june like everyone else? i cant seem to find a concret answer.

im in dublin btw
yes you can. im currently repeating my english leaving cert course through kilroys college in dublin. and im doing it all from home. didnt realise itwould be so easy to understand and do. they send you all the info etc. you should look them up. im 28 btw. so ur never too old.

touge_drift Registered User
#10

thanks alot for the replies guys, its definatly something im going to do.

lmf Closed Account
#11

Hi
I want to apply for the LC honours Irish for June this year, 2012, any idea how I go about it? I live in the Drumcondra area, would they allow me to sit it in a school nearby? How much does it cost to apply and what is the deadline, is it already passed?

Thanks,
Laura

spurious Category Moderator
#12

lmf said:
Hi
I want to apply for the LC honours Irish for June this year, 2012, any idea how I go about it? I live in the Drumcondra area, would they allow me to sit it in a school nearby? How much does it cost to apply and what is the deadline, is it already passed?

Thanks,
Laura


https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=ca

You can ask in local schools if you want, or sit it in SEC centres.
All the information you need is on the link.

donna maria Registered User
#13

hi i would like to do my leaving as i never finished school , my only problem is i have a full time job and a 1o year old son so life is buzy , i was just wondering does anyone know if u can sit ur leaven and study from home as have no time to go to night courses , thanks

spurious Category Moderator
#14

donna maria said:
hi i would like to do my leaving as i never finished school , my only problem is i have a full time job and a 1o year old son so life is buzy , i was just wondering does anyone know if u can sit ur leaven and study from home as have no time to go to night courses , thanks


Yes you can - though it's difficult to do the work on your own.

I STRONGLY suggest if you still live nearby, to go visit your old teachers in your old school. You have no idea how it pleases teachers to see someone who maybe made a bit of a mess of things first time round, come back and be willing to give it a go. They will help you as much as they can.

You will need some guidance as to how to approach things and if you are ten plus years out of school, you may need a couple of classes at some stage, just to get into the swing of it, but you will find people willing to help you.

I would also contact your local VEC adult education service. They have people whose job is to help people in exactly your situation.

Good luck.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!